Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #1

Talking RV Extended Service Contracts

Hi gang!

I'm not trying to start a war here. I've searched the forums and the most recent posts I've seen are a little older (from last year). I've already read through the pros and cons, and for the exposure protection, I'd like to get an extended service plan. Mainly to protect against the big failures. I've read about those that favor self insure, but for the buy in, I'd rather roll the dice on getting my money's worth from the ESP. Even if I never make a claim, at least I know the really big expenses were covered. I'm reposting since Coach Net seems new to the ESP area and I'm curious if there are any newer updates/claims filed for them.

I'm trying to get opinions on two different extended service plans. Coach Net Ultimate vs Xtra Ride Platinum. Both are exclusionary with consequential. 7 years 100k miles (Xtra Ride had no limit, but I won't get to 100k either). Apples to apples, the Coach Net is about 1000 cheaper (2700 vs 3700). Main difference I saw was Coach Net excluded carburetor and doesn't have hotel or airfare reimbursement, Xtra Ride excludes wiring and door/window seals and gaskets. Since Xtra Ride limits it to 750 per claim, I'm OK rolling the dice I won't have two big time claims that involve me flying back home or needing a hotel for multiple nights. For those that have these and/or researched both, am I missing anything? How do you like the company you went with? Was there something else that made you choose who you did? I'm just trying to figure out what I'm losing with Coach Net since 1000 is a lot cheaper and you usually get what you pay for.

I did look at WW, but they are another 1000 more than the Xtra Ride. GS ESP was even more expensive than that. So for what I've heard, I would be OK with Xtra Ride. Or Coach Net as long as I hear good things about Coach Net's claim service.

Thanks in advance for you help! !
ACE293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

It's a crap shoot, trying to guess what will go wrong and how often.

You may have other coverage for motel and such - some insurance policies have "trip interruption" coverage which might apply.

$750/claim ain't much if it's a diesel motorhome, but the relatively low premium figures you gave suggest it is not.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
The $750 limit would scare me. That would cover a blow out but engine troubles, gas or diesel, would easily exceed that.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #4

I apologize. The $750 limit is towards hotel and flight, not repairs. The limit on repairs is the same between both (the usual "not to exceed value of the coach"). The only other $750 limit is on Coach Net and that's in the consequential coverage area that any non covered parts max payout is $750. Sorry for the confusion.
ACE293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:06 AM   #5

I can't comment on Coach Net, but we've had the XtraRide through Wholesale Warranties for 5yrs. and NEVER had a problem with them covering any repairs we've needed no matter where we were. It has more than paid for itself. Just in the last two months they've replaced a new low profile Penguin heatpump, and a Magnum 2800W PSW Inverter. All I was liable for was my $100ded.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I am considering purchasing the Good Sam ESP and would love to hear from anyone who has it and has used it. I am moving into a Class A after being in a travel trailer for 10 years and never needing that kind of coverage. I would feel more comfortable knowing I was covered if the engine blew up or something.
jpspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:45 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I also am looking for ext warranty. I am in the East Tennessee area and here dealers seem to be pushing company called AGWS "American Guardian Warranty Service.
I know zero about good or bad warranty companies since this is my firrst motor home.So who is a good company to insure with? Thanks
rick5963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:01 PM   #8

Extended Warranty Contract

Hey everybody,
I'm new to this forum and would like to put my 2 cents worth in on the extended warranty debate. I have a 2006 Monaco Monarch SE 37' that I bought 2 years ago and at that time purchased the ExtraRide extended warranty. Best thing I ever did. We have had $5500.00 of repairs done on the camera system and steps and only had to pay the $100 deductible. Unfortunately my service provider has not fixed the problem so the rv is going back in again. It has been looked at twice already. Bottom line is I am glad I had the coverage.

Nice to be part of the group.
chrisorser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service