Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #1

Rv Financing

We are considering buying our first RV. Does anyone know what the financing requirements are?
Our credit score is 650 due to a couple of years on disability without very minimal income. Our income has greatly increased since I started receiving my VA Disability income. Any suggestions or advice as where to look for financing.
blntln is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Bank of America financed ours last year.
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check at the bank that your disability check is direct deposited in.
They may require you to put 20% down on the RV.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #4

Rexhall Owners Group
I think alot depends on the age of the MH also. We have a very good credit score but due to the age of the MH we were required to put down 30%. The dealer found the finance company (credit union). I would look at credit unions.

Martin
Old 01-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #5

We have had one financed at a local bank that we had our mortage for our S&B. The second one we got when the dealer hooked us up with M&T. Gave us the best rate. It is not as easy as a few years back with the lending requirements but if you have the income to afford it, you should be able to find someone to finance you. If you are buying from a dealer, the will get you the best rate because of the kick backs for high volume use of the banks. Just my humble opinion.
Dan DeBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Seems you are a vet, so do you belong to USAA? I applied for a rv loan on-line and it seemed as so as I hit the submit button I was approved. You may want to call them since your credit score is 650, most lenders want it at about 720. If you show your increased income they may help you out. Have you found a MH yet? That would probably help, so you can have an amount ready. Good Luck

Bob
Capt USMC (Ret)
2003 Damon Challenger
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought through a consignment dealer and they arranged financing with M&T. We bought a 2001 class A and put no money down.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote