Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #29

There are different types of insurance .. we had a break in into our motor home when it was on the dealer slot for repairs.. we ended up paying two deductibles.. one for the damage to the coach and one for contents insurance that was on our house.. make sure you ask if the contents is included in your quote or do you have to have another house insurance for that
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2016, 03:57 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Wow colourful64! My post prompted you to post your second post since April of 2015! I feel special!
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:45 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've been an Allstate customer for over 30 years but got my RV insurance from Blue Sky through an agency that only does RV insurance. The Allstate sales person asked to provide a quote so I gave her a copy of my Blue Sky policy and the best they could do was almost four times what I am paying Blue Sky. I too value loyalty and know that I can get my Car insurance cheaper elsewhere but I stick with a known quantity - Allstate but that ends at my car. Shop around an RV is cost enough already no need to pay a higher premium than you need to be.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:04 PM   #32

Been with AARP/Hartford for about 15 years. Probably pay about 60% more than when I started. But have way more expensive vehicles, more liability coverage and better under ins. coverages. Around $1900/yr for 4 vehicles and motorhome. Me and wife. Premiums seem to go up in spurts. Every time I shop it, nobody comes close. No accidents or tickets. Excellent credit. Remember most ins companies use credit score in setting your rates in most states. Live in western Washington.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:45 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Check any RV insurance policy's fine print for exclusions. I had Progressive and some rodents chewed wiring while the RV was in storage. Cost $2,500 to repair and Progressive would not pay a dime. Also, Progressive would not refund premium when I cancelled and switched to Blue Sky.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:28 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I have talked with a few folks here at work that do carry the AARP Hartford insurance that are satisfied with their coverage as well. I have just about decided to pull the trigger on switching to them at the time I purchase to MH.

I did ask the Hartford agent about coverage for household damage such as if a water line burst and flooded the coach. He said that this was really an auto type policy, so stuff like that is not covered by insurance. My question to you guys: Is this type of coverage normal or common for RV insurance? And if so should I have it? I know that the Mfg warranty would cover something like this in the 1st year. Maybe this would fall under an extended warranty if I chose to do that????
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:24 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
I would recommend an insurance company that specifically deals with motorhomes. I like "Progressive Insurance". I have needed them once when my motorhome was burglarized and they did a great job. When you select your options, keep in mind you are going to have more personal property than you would in a normal everyday vehicle. I learned this when I realized I only had coverage of $1,000 for personal property. Luckily, my homeowners insurance picked up the difference of $5,000.

Good luck!

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
I have talked with a few folks here at work that do carry the AARP Hartford insurance that are satisfied with their coverage as well. I have just about decided to pull the trigger on switching to them at the time I purchase to MH.

I did ask the Hartford agent about coverage for household damage such as if a water line burst and flooded the coach. He said that this was really an auto type policy, so stuff like that is not covered by insurance. My question to you guys: Is this type of coverage normal or common for RV insurance? And if so should I have it? I know that the Mfg warranty would cover something like this in the 1st year. Maybe this would fall under an extended warranty if I chose to do that????

My Blue Sky policy does not exclude coverage for that type of damage. It does exclude damage from "gradual water entry."

Tags
insurance