Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2020, 06:50 AM   #15

I have a story about Bank of the West. I bought a boat from a guy who was financed by this bank. We went to the local bank branch. They insisted I bring a cashiers check instead of my personal check. When it was time for the title it was in California at the main office. Why the need for the cashiers check then as they still waited for the check to clear.

Now is when it gets interesting as they were supposed to send me the title but was the bank going to have the boat owner come in and sign the title? No, they send the title back to the boat owner. He signed and sent to me. Could of went bad.

This is why when buying a vehicle they say "title in hand". Always finance locally because this would of gone so much smoother with no risk to me.

Many people will sell while the vehicle is still financed. When buying from a private party I basically am not interested if the don't have the title.
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #16

Good point on Title in hand.
We went through our local credit union but just recently refinanced the house and rolled in he RV to the loan dropped interest rate on RV from 4.34 to 2.75 we will maintain current payments and have everything paid off in 6 years
I would go new on tow bar as well unless you can confirm use. Went with roadmaster sterling all terrain so the wife can one day set up the toad solo
along with a Blue Ox plate. Had to utilize some adapters but is a straight forward setup with the AirForce one air brake system hooks up in minutes

Keep investigating and if you buy used, service records are good and post back here on the owners forum for the model you pick for other things to look at

Stay Safe,
greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #17

We have used lightstream for our last 2 used rv purchases, as well as a used car.

https://www.lightstream.com/

Of course, we've only borrowed between 10 - 15K each time, so it may not be as good for larger amounts. Super easy process though... Fill out the online form, and they deposit the funds in your bank account the next day!

I bought our Blue Ox Aventa tow bar on OfferUp for a huge savings over new, and it's been great!
castlemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:06 AM   #18

Hi Jim,

I just purchased a new Blue Ox last year and couldn't be happier. I find it much easier to hook up to the toad compared to my old one.
One thing to consider is the height of your receiver hitch on the coach. Blue Ox has height recommendations to go by. My Southwind has a very high receiver hitch, resulting in having to purchase a 12" drop hitch, around $200 of extra expense.
Enjoy, baer
baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:45 PM   #19
GFC

The advice given above is mostly good but I would add a word of caution:

Financing an RV using your home as equity for a home loan rather than just an RV loan at a slightly higher rate could come back to bite you. As we are now seeing with this COVID pandemic there are many things that can happen over which we have no control.

Should something bad happen to me I'd much rather give back an RV to the bank than have to give them my sticks and bricks home.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
The advice given above is mostly good but I would add a word of caution:

Financing an RV using your home as equity for a home loan rather than just an RV loan at a slightly higher rate could come back to bite you. As we are now seeing with this COVID pandemic there are many things that can happen over which we have no control.

Should something bad happen to me I'd much rather give back an RV to the bank than have to give them my sticks and bricks home.

I know what I say will bring blow back BUT it needs said. Rolling a RV into your home loan is just plain stupid and not thinking about your wife in the event you die and leave her a larger than needed mortgage. Financially it looks good BUT. If your credit and the value of the RV doesn't warrant a loan you are in to deep.

Ask me how I know what bankers will do to you.
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:00 PM   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to Jim 75
Many thanks again for your input, from all of you, very helpful ..Jim
Jim 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:46 PM   #22

Perfection to the MAX

Just had the dealer contact our bank signed the papers and drove home. The bank we had was M&T Bank...easy as dog drool!
k9Piper
Piper K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 75 View Post
HI, Jim75 here.. Couple of questions?

So I have looked thru previous post about finding where to go for a RV loan, and everything I found was several years old! With that being said I need some up to date info??
(2) Where is the best place (reasonable price) to buy a Tow bar, and which brand?? to tow a 2018 Ford F-150 CC 4wd also, would you buy used IF, you could find a decent one??

Sure appreciate all your help and experience.....Thanks Jim

I purchased my 10,000 all terrain on Amazon a lot cheaper that at CW.