Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2015, 07:17 AM   #43

Please see the RED answers below !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1219 View Post
If you get a regular refrigerator that runs off of electricity or propane I know while you are driving it runs on propane. When you using land connections it runs on electricity. What is it's a residential type electrical only refrigerator. Does this mean the generator has to run all of the time you are not connected to land based power or do those run off propane too?

If you have a residential refrigerator, likely you'll have enough batteries to sustain you for a period of time.. depending on how many batteries will determine the time between charges... Also, you will have an inverter which converts 12V to 110V.. this is what you will use while driving down the road.. Some people maintain with solar.. but that is not 100% all the time.. so, from time to time, you'll either need your generator or shore power to charge your batteries.

I also have a question about running the stove, air conditioner and televisions. All of these things do not work without either land based power or generator correct? How do you cool the back of the coach while you are moving? Does the front air conditioner provide enough cooling for the passenger areas or do you have to run the generator to cool those areas well?

The "dash" air usually doesn't have enough power to cool the driver and passenger, let alone the rest of the coach.. Typically, we run the generator while driving on hot days so we can run the roof AC units.. We also draw all the blinds (we have room darkening shades) to keep the sun out.. Remember, we buy these things for comfort.. if not, we'd still be in tents...

For the MH's that have a TV that appears in the photos to disappear when the slide is in... Does the TV rotate/swivel around the slide once it is closed or can you just not watch television unless the slide is out?

Not all floorplans "hide" the TV.. I have kids.. one of our requirements was having a TV that could be viewed while driving.. We actually have two.. the "salon" TV and bedroom TV.. Works out very nicely for us..

These questions all seem minor and simple to you experienced folk but all I have ever had was a travel trailer.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2015, 04:28 AM   #44

Quote:
"I also have a question about running the stove, air conditioner and televisions. All of these things do not work without either land based power or generator correct? How do you cool the back of the coach while you are moving? Does the front air conditioner provide enough cooling for the passenger areas or do you have to run the generator to cool those areas well?"
If you have a propane stove you do not need power to use it. Televisons usually run off the battery if you are not plugged in. AC needs the generator. If you get sold a residential refrigerator make sure you have enough batteries in your setup. It will take one decent sized battery to make it through the night plus another battery to run the rest of the stuff. If I am wrong it will need more batteries than that.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I'm starting my research for new purchase again

I'm beginning my research for a new coach. I want NOTHING to do with ANY Thor product. Their customer service rudeness and disrespect lost my business forever. Even though I was the second purchaser they could have been better and more helpful. I was so interested in Entegra and then found out Thor owns them so now they are out too.

I'm still focusing on Tiffin and Newmar with some interest in Winnebago and Fleetwood. I would like to hear the good and bad from everyone who has purchased one of the manufacturers.

A high level of what we want is:

Diesel Pusher (would like 400hp or >)
Large residential fridge
3-4 slide-outs (hydraulic - I hate schwintek)
No carpet
Washer/Dryer stack
Lots of kitchen counter top space
King bed
His/her sinks in rear master bath
Large shower with seat (prefer tile)
Slide-out that is floor level (no step up)
Outside TV
Tray slide-outs in storage bays

A lot more but here is a few at the top of the priority list.

Thanks.
Adam1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:06 PM   #46
NXR

Quote:
I am looking to get a pre-owned between 2010-2015 model years.

I want the Ford V10 engine and chassis.
I think that the Ford 2016 chassis was the first one with the 6-speed transmission which many people say was a major improvement in drivability. You might want to expand your criteria a bit if that's important to you.

Be aware that it is not at all uncommon for a motorhome to have one model year while the chassis is an earlier year. To confirm use a VIN number decoder. You could buy a 2016 model with either a 2015 5-speed chassis or a 2016 6-speed chassis.

FWIW,

Ray
Old 08-29-2019, 08:17 PM   #47

Our talks with REV group (Fleetwood American Eagle) have been fine.

Quote:
I'm beginning my research for a new coach. I want NOTHING to do with ANY Thor product. Their customer service rudeness and disrespect lost my business forever. Even though I was the second purchaser they could have been better and more helpful. I was so interested in Entegra and then found out Thor owns them so now they are out too.

I'm still focusing on Tiffin and Newmar with some interest in Winnebago and Fleetwood. I would like to hear the good and bad from everyone who has purchased one of the manufacturers.

A high level of what we want is:

Diesel Pusher (would like 400hp or >) Yes, good choice
Large residential fridge whatever floats your boat, but you miss LP if needed.
3-4 slide-outs (hydraulic - I hate schwintek) yes
No carpet Carpet is warm and doesn't slip if water gets on it
Washer/Dryer stack
Lots of kitchen counter top space our American Eagle is best, so far
King bed
His/her sinks in rear master bath You need 42' or larger
Large shower with seat (prefer tile) Prevost is calling you.
Slide-out that is floor level (no step up)
Outside TV
Tray slide-outs in storage bays

A lot more but here is a few at the top of the priority list.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:41 PM   #48

New-ish Owner Thoughts

I bought a 2018 Coachmen Pursuit 32WS last December. It's an entry level coach and I knew that going in. My wife and I owned a pop-up and travel trailer before the Pursuit, so we knew the kind of quality of construction we were getting. I'm ok with that because we really baby our MH. We've been quite pleased with what this MH has offered us so far.

I really like almost everything about our floorplan. I would definitely go into the bathroom and see what the room is like. That's the biggest thing I would change about ours. We have a king bed (walk-around is an absolute must), which we love. We have a drop down bunk which we also love because with two kids (almost grown, but they still come along much of the time), it means we still get to have the dinette open.

The storage on the 32WS is outstanding - something else I would definitely pay attention to.

I'm sure we'll be trading up at some point, but we made sure we bought as much coach as we comfortably could so it would last us for years to come.

I appreciate all the other replies to this thread and love learning from this community.
HotPursuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, purchase