Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #1

RV with helipad, hanger and hotub

So, who's buying one of these? This is what I'd call a toy hauler.

bjohnmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Neat concept, doesn't seem like it would be very practical though. I doubt many RV parks would allow take off and landing, which means mainly boondocking. Assuming they have had to utilize the basement for everything that would normally go on the roof, so less storage.

I'd have fun with it until the novelty wore off then I'd want my normally laid out RV and a trailer for the aircraft
Old 01-09-2017, 01:30 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Might work in Australia in the back country but FAA would have some issues with it here, plus the height seems too tall for US roads. Notice he didn't operate it so concept is all it is. Plus hope those tanks are big enough to fill that hot tub and keep it as he said "filled with young girls"

Maybe a Saudi Prince would be interested

Stupid ideas imo
Old 01-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Writer View Post
Might work in Australia in the back country but FAA would have some issues with it here, plus the height seems too tall for US roads. Notice he didn't operate it so concept is all it is. Plus hope those tanks are big enough to fill that hot tub and keep it as he said "filled with young girls"

Stupid ideas imo
Supposedly, the top opens up, the helicopter rotates around somehow, and goes down into the coach for transport. I assume those rails fold down too.

I agree, not practical. However, though not a NASCAR fan myself, those folks love in-field parking and being able to get up high to see more of the race. I thought the stairs leading to a nice roof deck might actual appeal to some of those folks.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:50 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
WOW! At first I thought that was a gag, but no, it's for real!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #6

hhmmm.
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnmasters View Post
Supposedly, the top opens up, the helicopter rotates around somehow, and goes down into the coach for transport. I assume those rails fold down too.

I agree, not practical. However, though not a NASCAR fan myself, those folks love in-field parking and being able to get up high to see more of the race. I thought the stairs leading to a nice roof deck might actual appeal to some of those folks.
I would like to see more access to roofs and usage of that wasted space. More superstructure would be needed to handle weight of people and things like bbq grills etc... But it would make maintenance easier and give some more space for daily usage. Can you imagine having a get together on the roof to watch fireworks or bbq a good meal etc... Folding rails and beefed up structure with a nice access set up seems to be a good option for the future of RV manufacturing. Being of the vertically challenged at 5'7" I could sacrifice a little height in the MH for such amenities
Old 01-10-2017, 03:41 PM   #8

The couch is at the max of 10 or 11 feet way from the TV. I'm not sure the 75" screen is large enough
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCoTom View Post
The couch is at the max of 10 or 11 feet way from the TV. I'm not sure the 75" screen is large enough
I was thinking the same thing. That's not even like sitting in the front row at a theater, that's like sitting on the lip of stage and watching an iMax movie.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #10

WOW talk about a D-Bag Badge on wheels. All they did was take some over priced things with plugs and put them in a hollowed out Itasca body. I understand that it is a prototype but if the quality of the build is anything reflecting of the current driver area they will never sell one. *That is the only build quality thing you can see clearly in the video
imob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Writer View Post

Stupid ideas imo
A few years ago in Australia, we saw a coach pulling a trailer with a helicopter on it.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote