Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #15

Read this thread.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/help...ve-420444.html
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #16

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Be sure trans is Neutral. I had that problem once and that was the problem, I had shut down without shifting out of drive.
I suppose that's possible; how do I shift out of drive? The shift panel doesn't light up when I turn the key on; frankly I've never noticed when it lights up.
HoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #17

Based on the thread I linked in post #15 it seems you might need to get air in the air tanks. I really don't know. I just happened to read that thread earlier and thought it might be helpful.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:53 PM   #18

Have you tried the battery boost button, that's the system that ties the coach batteries to the chassis batteries For extra power in case your starting batteries are in poor condition.
filadelfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
I suppose that's possible; how do I shift out of drive? The shift panel doesn't light up when I turn the key on; frankly I've never noticed when it lights up.
If the trans display isn't lighting up, the engine isn't going to start. That's what controls the neutral safety switch.

Look for a 10 gauge wire leaving the battery area that isn't hooked up or has a inline fuse that's corroded. That may be the trans controller supply wire.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I actually think you need to check the house batteries for voltage too. That bulb being dim is a clue. Try starting it with the battery boost depressed. If my house batteries get too low, it won’t start. I think someone in the past put a wire on the wrong 12v post.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
And my last thought (for now at least) is that ding ding noise you're not sure you've ever heard before.
I wonder if that's trying to tell you something.
Turn on the key, or whatever it takes to make it ding, the looks for a light that you don't remember seeing. Probably on the dash, but I suppose it could be elsewhere in the coach.

You can start your engine using the house batteries. Hold the rocker button down to use the house batteries for a few seconds and while holding it down try to start it. It should start right up.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:15 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Mine won't start if a slide is out, landing gear down or door open, in gear or no foot on the brake.
Jkoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:30 PM   #23

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by filadelfia View Post
Have you tried the battery boost button, that's the system that ties the coach batteries to the chassis batteries For extra power in case your starting batteries are in poor condition.
't

yes, but the boost switch doesn't seem to have any effect.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:31 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
You can start your engine using the house batteries. Hold the rocker button down to use the house batteries for a few seconds and while holding it down try to start it. It should start right up.
Yes, I understand using the boost switch, but it doesn't appear to be a battery issue.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:33 PM   #25

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkoch View Post
Mine won't start if a slide is out, landing gear down or door open, in gear or no foot on the brake.

Mine will start with the slide out (but won't let you retract it if the engine is running) no levelers, foot is always on the brake.

Turning the key does not illuminate the gear selector panel now; if its in gear, I don't know how to put it in neutral.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #26

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by krivanj View Post
I actually think you need to check the house batteries for voltage too. That bulb being dim is a clue. Try starting it with the battery boost depressed. If my house batteries get too low, it won’t start. I think someone in the past put a wire on the wrong 12v post.
good thought, but I have the house batteries charged up; one of my recent issues since purchase is a dead inverter, which left my house batteries uncharged and over depleted.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:47 PM   #27

Where on the Pacific Coast are you? There may be a member that is close and willing to come and take a look - that's what family is for!
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:09 PM   #28

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Where on the Pacific Coast are you? There may be a member that is close and willing to come and take a look - that's what family is for!
I'm in Grayland, just south of Westport. I've called a Kenworth mechanic to come out on Monday. If I haven't figured this out by then he'll get me going. At a price :(