Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #1

Safari Continental 1998 330 cat

Hello everyone , we have bought this motorhome and trying to figure all the things on it , like the water knobs in the compartment u turn one on and it turns something off , we tried to get the show to work and when we did we had no water in the bath sink and kitchen sink , and the hurricane water heater seems to run all the time but water not very hot and in the winter we tried to get the furnace to work and there wasn't much heat coming from it . can any one help us we r ready to pull our hair out thanks.
Snowontheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Those water valves are multi position. Mark the position that works with a Sharpie pen, then rotate them and see if that isn't the center position. Then mark and align the non-working ones the same way (shower) etc. Then when all is well clean the Sharpie marks off and mark up/center position with a ot of nail polish in case they ever get messed up again. Like carrying stuff in that compartment :( Had a 99 Continental for years.

Valves with handles on the Hurricane align for summer or winter, sounds like yours are in summer position. They need to both be aligned the same way, either across or in line. In line is the winter position and allows coolant flow if I remember correctly. That should let coolant flow to all heat registers. You can check the hoses by feel or with an infrared thermometer to find out if they are correct. Again magic marker to note positions because you will forget. Thes e valves are in line in the hoses in your Hurricane compartment outside. Good Luck
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #3

Thank you l will give that a try and let u know
Old 05-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #4

As I have posted before, welcome to the Safari Zoo. From what you described, you did not get the manuals that come with a Safari MH. Well, you're in luck because you should bookmark the following three Safari MH Websites. Join (free) & look in the "Files Section" of the two Yahoo sites because some of the manuals are downloadable. And the folks there are real friendly & helpful:

1. Safarifriends : To promote the exchange of information regarding SAFARI MOTORHOMES.

2. SafariCoaches : Sharing about Safari Coaches lifestyle

3. http://www.safari-international.org/

JohnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #5

Good stuff

Thanks a lot that helps a lot we tried to get a hold of the owner that had it before us but the dealer wouldn't tell us his name we thought maybe he could help us figure all the stuff on it. thanks again and l will book mark the pages, it would be nice to get everything running on it so we can hit the road can't wait to get in it .
Old 05-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #6

What Model of Safari do you have???? Different models have different "Utility Bay" Layouts. Is it square shaped, or rectangular. I suspect it is the same as mine since Safari did not change much from your 98 to my 97. As you can see in my signature line mine is a Serengeti model M-4040. The one "40" is the length and the second one designates a floor layout. If yours is a Safari or a Continental and is either a 38 or 40 footer, yours and mine will be the same. Then I can snap a digital pic and send it to you.
JohnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #7

Safari Contential 1998

Well l really hate to post this because l really loved my new motorhome, but on our way down to Nova Scotia our baby caught fire and burned not fixable l don't think. It looks like it was electrical burned from back to front on wiring would love to fix it but my husband says it would cost to much.waited 2 yrs for this baby , sure was sad to see it burn looking to see if l can find another one l loved it because it was different and l love the colour green. thanks everyone for the help in the earlier post and we did figure the water out.

Tags
cat