Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2021, 08:47 PM   #1

Safe T plus

We are new to class a. Does anyone know anything about a product called safe t plus that can be installed to provide stability to your steering. Based on their website I would use a 41-230(40 ft dp ) Pricing is in the $500-600 range. I would appreciate your opinion of the product.
B2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2021, 09:56 PM   #2

I have it and would not drive a Class A without it......... unless I was driving to get it installed.

Older video but still relevant.....
Old 11-14-2021, 10:02 PM   #3

I wouldn't leave home without it.
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:17 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We put one on our class C and it was an incredible improvement in ride quality. We traded in the class C last month and have got a 30' class A now. I contacted Safe T Plus for the proper fitment so that I can get one for the new rig over the winter. I will probably take it out once before I install it just so that I can see what the difference is again.
The Ward Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:33 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I've had it for about two years. Made a big difference.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:35 AM   #6

Safe T Plus

Had it on F53 chassis now Safari Magnum chassis. I like it. If you are close they install free and for veterans a nice discount.
hbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:19 AM   #7

Installed on our 33’ class A. Wonderful! So much easier to drive.
Jerrilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:36 AM   #8

I have the Roadmaster Reflex, which is a competitor. I'm very happy with the improvement it made in the number of steering corrections required. It virtually eliminated "sawing" at the wheel in all but the windiest conditions.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:32 AM   #9

I installed one on my former Georgetown after watching the video of a motorhome losing a front tire, going into the medium and rolling. That was enough for the cheap "insurance".

Well, about a year later, i was in the passing lane on a mountain highway with NO left median -- just a very long drop. You guessed it... Front left tire blew. Steering didn't really even budge, i just stated to the wife "@$!! .... Just had the front tire blow out!" Then easily worked over to the right median and waited for service.

Bottom line, I think that saved my bacon. First thing I would add on any RV at this point and would recommend to anyone.

Oh, and yes, it does help the day to day drive. I didnt think the drive was terrible without it, but I did realize that after 10 hours of driving once I installed it, i just wasn't as tired. Lot less "wandering" with the wheel.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:49 AM   #10

Added it to our 32ft Class C, a month after getting it (back in 2016), it made a difference. Will be putting it on our next rig. Roadmaster makes the RSS. Safe-t-plus has springs enclosed, Roadmaster has spring on outside, other than that, they work the same. It's your choice.
Bill 3rd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:59 AM   #11

Made my 38 ft Bounder much easier to control with more stabilized steering and provides more confidence in the event of a blow out.
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 06:48 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
I installed one. It’s easy. As everyone else already said, cheap insurance…get it!

Safe travels.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 06:51 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Saf-T-Plus steering stabilizer is probably the single best item that can be installed to help the steering input/ steering correction in an RV!

By reducing the "front end wander", due to over correction by the driver, the rear end sway is also reduced, giving the driver a more comfortable feeling of control, when driving; which is true!

The next best improvement is a rear track bar to eliminate rear sway & lean!
I installed the "Ultra-Trac" rear track bar from www.ultrarv.com

The third best improvement is the installation of Koni shocks, to improve ride quality, bounce, & lean.

And next is installation of Sumo springs which will also help with ride quality!

Goof Luck & Good RV'n
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber Jaw View Post
Saf-T-Plus steering stabilizer is probably the single best item that can be installed to help the steering input/ steering correction in an RV!

By reducing the "front end wander", due to over correction by the driver, the rear end sway is also reduced, giving the driver a more comfortable feeling of control, when driving; which is true!

The next best improvement is a rear track bar to eliminate rear sway & lean!

I installed the "Ultra-Trac" rear track bar from www.ultrarv.com

The third best improvement is the installation of Koni shocks, to improve ride quality, bounce, & lean.

And next is installation of Sumo springs which will also help with ride quality!

Goof Luck & Good RV'n

It improved the drive ability of my 36 foot class A and I feel much safer in case of a blow out.
GaRVR is offline   Reply With Quote