Originally Posted by lllkrob
Like you I have been with State Farm for many years. I was looking at quotes from many companies and they all quoted at least a $500 deductible on their comprehensive coverage, most $1000. My current State Farm policy has a $0 deductible, and the other companies will not offer it at any price. So I am staying on the Farm. You may want to check your coverage for the $0 deductible comprehensive.
I too have State Farm with multiple cars, homeowners and life insurance. When I purchased my 2010 Tiffin Phaeton I did contact several companies for quotes. SF charges me $1,037 annually and I had the option of having a zero deductible but chose $1,000. My reasoning being a scratch costs that much to repair these days so I feel I can absorb that much. Now for the pricing...... quotes from other carriers ranged from a low of nearly $2,100 to a whopping $6,781 with a major company. I was shocked at what SF charged me and figured something was wrong since they were so much lower. No, not a mistake or anything else as I've had the coach for two years and the rates have only varied a few dollars with the latest being roughly $8 cheaper.
I believe my very good rate was influenced by numerous factors:
- been with the company for 54 years
- have five vehicles insured
- homeowners insurance
- got a 10% discount on the coach for taking a RV driving course
- no claims that were my fault in 17 years but did have a non-insured collision
- whole life insurance policy since 1962 (thanks mom and dad for being farsighted)
- State Farm Bank CD investment (switching it this year as the rates are not competitive