Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2019, 09:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarata View Post
We are sitting in our motorcoach having lunch,guy walks buy wih his dog vacant site next to us,lets his dog pee on the water faucet.
What is with people stupid or they just dont care
Maybe the dog thought the fresh water spicket was really a fire hydrant...lol... its the unleashed ones that can be a problem unless of course its a puppy

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2019, 10:09 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well,
"If they pee, well, obviously you can't pick that up"

Scott
Not so fast you can contain it if you only try... its coming to a campsite or RV park near you soon...lol

Sometimes a guy just has to do what a guy has to do...lol...dogs are just like guys

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #31

Grand Design Owners Club
Hmm. 1) Charcoal filters are used to remove the taste of chlorine from tap water.
2) Tap water has a chlorine taste because there is a trace amount of chlorine in the water.
3) Chlorine is used in water processing plants to disinfect the water. 4) This disinfecting action also serves to disinfect the pipes on a continuous basis. This is why in also almost all communities in the US the tap water is potable 5) Sunlight, specifically UV light, also serves as a disinfectant. 6)So, I am at a loss to understand how spraying chlorine bleach disinfectant on the exterior of a hydrant would have any beneficial impact on the improving the safety and quality of the water in the pipe/hose to the point of offsetting the risks to health and property that arise from handling a corrosive agent like chlorine bleach unnecessarily.
Kluffinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #32

I'm pretty sure everyone that can't figure out why people spray bleach or something else on the spigot realizes that that they are really only spraying the threads and maybe the handle - maybe more, but that's ok. I don't think I want to connect my hose to a set of threads that was just peed on. If you don't mind connecting to a dirty set of threads with your fresh water hose or splitter, maybe you should have that looked at.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:49 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Local health dept says bleach and water mix has to be remade every 24 hrs as it looses it's strength and no longer kills germs.

Vodka does not lose its strength and it disinfects great as well.
OldBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:23 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone that can't figure out why people spray bleach or something else on the spigot realizes that that they are really only spraying the threads and maybe the handle - maybe more, but that's ok. I don't think I want to connect my hose to a set of threads that was just peed on. If you don't mind connecting to a dirty set of threads with your fresh water hose or splitter, maybe you should have that looked at.

Thank you!
Steve and Linda's APEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:41 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Local health dept says bleach and water mix has to be remade every 24 hrs as it looses it's strength and no longer kills germs.
The solution must be in a container that blocks light; ie; no see-thru container, like the spray bottles in the store that contain a bleach mixture, they sit on the shelf until sold.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:53 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
I have never figured out how anything on the outside of a metal water spigot affects the water that comes out of the inside of it? And if there were something unhealthy inside of the spigot, how would spraying disinfectant on the outside of the spigot get inside to make any difference?

Amen. You stated it perfectly. And I completely agree with you.

Germaphobes...
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
We are at Clark County Shooting Center RV Park. First thing I noticed the sewer connection was full and backed up. The maintenance guy came and told me people plug them on purpose. He said they even put Gatorade bottles in the sewer lines before they leave, among other things? I have few words to say to these people, but I will be excommunicated from the list for sure 😱
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:06 PM   #38

Should have shot some video and placed on the forum. Also you should have given it to the park management! These are the
low class people we run into sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarata View Post
We are sitting in our motorcoach having lunch,guy walks buy wih his dog vacant site next to us,lets his dog pee on the water faucet.
What is with people stupid or they just dont care
billb3672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
We are at Clark County Shooting Center RV Park. First thing I noticed the sewer connection was full and backed up. The maintenance guy came and told me people plug them on purpose. He said they even put Gatorade bottles in the sewer lines before they leave, among other things? I have few words to say to these people, but I will be excommunicated from the list for sure 😱
Hard to tell if the cause was revenge against the managers for some reason or just being party idiots. Either way it's sad.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:55 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
It is a bad thing when people don't consider others, but I feel real blessed to be able to travel to these outside parks in my own home, eat my good food and sleep in my own dadburn bed. As I travel I never have to worry who may have slept in the same bed the night before, or if the sheets were really washed. Scary just thinking about it. I can overlook a dog peeing on a water line. As bad as it is.
Aganit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:00 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8tor2 View Post
An idea for a new type of campground. No pets outside the vehicle; No smoking outside the vehicle.
As soon as all people under 18 are kept on a leash.
Captn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #42

Fortunately my dog cleans up her own poop.

You may want to keep that in mind when a dog licks you.
LarryinID is offline   Reply With Quote