Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deucenut View Post
Entry level diesel coaches have rear radiators. .... If they put all the ammenities of a mid-upper level coach in an entry level coach, who would buy the mid to upper level coach?
Same people as before. Putting that side radiator on that (previously entry level) coach would elevate it above entry level, by your definition.
fottip is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2017, 05:13 PM   #44

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I will just mention that a side radiator with our rear, full bath would be difficult. Not impossible, but it would take some work to fit it in. The rear radiator does intrude a bit on the closet too...
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehog View Post
I will just mention that a side radiator with our rear, full bath would be difficult. Not impossible, but it would take some work to fit it in. The rear radiator does intrude a bit on the closet too...

For 2018, the Dutch Star is offered in ten floor plans. All have side radiator. Eight of the ten have a rear bath.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #46

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehog View Post
Not so with ours and these side units are pretty wide and not so tall. In fact taking up the space of a would be, large compartment on the driver's side rear. However it doesn't have much depth to it and being fluid driven, there's plenty room and more in that area. The tallest thing back there, is the engine and the bath floor is raised, so that one can easily get the valve cover off and not bad at all for top access. Better than most for right rear access, that houses most all the filters in a row, as well. Rear access, goes without saying, as being as good as it could be and the only thing better, would be to have a Super C coach and the only thing, I really like about them.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:12 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Miller View Post
Jeeps are unreal high now , of course they are more advanced .. but 45k ?

Well Pa,
If you've not been to a Jeep dealer lately and priced out some top of the line Wranglers like 4-door Rubicons or, Saharas or, Hardrock editions, yep, you're looking at $45K or more. If you go to "Build Jeep Online" you'll see how things add up RATHER QUICKLY. Just like any other build, of any other new car, packages get costly real quick. And, not mention, the newest version Wranglers come darn near as well equipped as many SUVs on the market, i.e. LEATHER, heated seats, climatic A/C, contrast stitching in seat upholstery, GPS and high end radios with NINE speaker and a subwoofer and more. So yes, while it's still a JEEP and what I call a rolling KLEENEX box, it's getting up there in price.
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
I thought the JL was the newest iteration of the Wrangler. How did you get one in 2015?
Drycreek,
I'll answer that with one word: Freud We used to call it a "Freudian slip" in the FD.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #48

Boy you got that right. My coach is rear radiator and it has cost us in additional shop time and labor more than once. We are not looking for new or different yet but when / if we do, I will VERY much favor a side radiator. The access to anything in my engine compartment is ridiculously limited and difficult.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverenuff View Post
Boy you got that right. My coach is rear radiator and it has cost us in additional shop time and labor more than once. We are not looking for new or different yet but when / if we do, I will VERY much favor a side radiator. The access to anything in my engine compartment is ridiculously limited and difficult.
The problem lies with no RV manufacturer making just a side radiator as an option. Maybe $3k.
No. Getting that side radiator comes with a coach that costs way, way more. For quality or whatever that you either don't want to pay for or can't afford in the first place.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:03 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by awol50 View Post
I read somewhere Winnebago builds no side radiator coaches now. At any price point.
That would be with the exception of the Grand Tour 45RL. It has a side rad, and it's the top of the line. It's a really nice coach, but they should have stuck a 500hp ISX in it! We'll see what happens next then....[emoji15]
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
That would be with the exception of the Grand Tour 45RL. It has a side rad, and it's the top of the line. It's a really nice coach, but they should have stuck a 500hp ISX in it! We'll see what happens next then....[emoji15]
Looked that up at linctchinn RV in Iowa. Yikes! $500k+ MSRP.
Thanks for the tip, but will have to pass it up. That's allot of $$$ extra for someone who only wants a side radiator.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:21 AM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Yeah they could have done better than that IMO. Like I said, 500hp ISX would have warranted the MSRP perhaps, and maybe stick air leveling in it standard. They did up the tire size to 290s on drive and tag though.

Regards,
W.D.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Yeah they could have done better than that IMO. Like I said, 500hp ISX would have warranted the MSRP perhaps, and maybe stick air leveling in it standard. They did up the tire size to 290s on drive and tag though.

Regards,
W.D.
Oh I forgot, also include the Allison 4000 trans, up from the 3000. [emoji4]
Old 11-14-2017, 08:17 PM   #54

Quote:
Oh I forgot, also include the Allison 4000 trans, up from the 3000. [emoji4]
Yeah, I noticed that too. For that $$$ I would think a 4000 Allison would be in order.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:52 AM   #55

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
The problem lies with no RV manufacturer making just a side radiator as an option. Maybe $3k.
No. Getting that side radiator comes with a coach that costs way, way more. For quality or whatever that you either don't want to pay for or can't afford in the first place.
If it ever becomes a real seller and a gotta have, then it will be an option, I'm most sure.
It would probably have to be a house mod though, as with the way it stands now, it's included as part of a higher end chassis and goes up from there, with the house, as well.
Again, it's the fancy floor plans, big screen TV's and the fireplaces that bring in the profits. I've seen this time and time again, even among a few gearheads that purchase them. Maybe because of them or the spouse, wanting new and for budget concerns, I don't know, but these entry level coaches, do have a wide appeal.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:19 PM   #56

Quote:
Looked that up at linctchinn RV in Iowa. Yikes! $500k+ MSRP.
Thanks for the tip, but will have to pass it up. That's allot of $$$ extra for someone who only wants a side radiator.
Yes, you'll have to allot some extra money for the purchase, but it is a lot of motor home when you look at the added features.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel