Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2015, 10:59 AM   #15

Commercial Member

Update on using CAT truck scales.

You may notice that CAT has installed guard rail near the side of the scales to prevent people of only weighing one side of the vehicle.

As I understand it there were some problems at some locations that might have damaged the scales. CAT has posted some warnings about not using their scales for side to side weights.

With some investigation I found a local hardware & building supply company about 2 mi off I-76 with a truck scale and while a 40'DP may have problems, I had no problems with my Class-C and they only charged $10 for my 4 readings.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2015, 11:10 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here in WA (and some in OR) the State leaves the scales on even when the weigh stations are closed and the area is usually flat enough to do all wheel positions.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #17

I had my coach weighted at the FMCA Rally in Albany,Or (4 corner wt) and I'm over wt in the rear by 1150lbs and under in the front by 730lbs. I to move some things around in the bays to get a better wt.. With a combined wt of 33,620lbs FR 6,405lbs-FL 6,065lbs RR 10,195lbs-LR 10,955lbs I was told to run 105 PSI in the front and 100 PSI in the rear. They give you a print out of your coach wt's and the air pressure to run. This is the only way to get a true wt reading and know what PSI to run, money well spent.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:51 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
scales in Maryland

Beckley's RV in Thurmont, Maryland has scales. I had them weigh my DSDP corner weights back in 2012. I moved a few things around in the storage bays to better balance the load.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #19

I called the local WI State Patrol office and requested a six position weigh. I offered to go to them whenever it was convenient. Instead, they came to my home and did two six position weighs in the middle of the street. There was no charge for it. They were happy to help me get the information I needed to adjust the tag air bag psi to better distribute the weight over the steer, drive and tag axles.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:47 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That's great Crasher, I live near Racine and will give them a call.