Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #1

Scanners?

HR Neptune 35SBD 2009, 340HP, Allison MH2500
I just seen a scangauge D for diesel engines advertised in camping world $153.00. I am interested in getting one. Does anyone know if its any good? Does it work well?
As always I appreciate your skill and expertise
Michael Boyle
Boyle908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Do they actually have it in stock? ScanGauge's website just says 'Coming Soon' (ScanGaugeD - Advanced J1939 & J1708 compatible Vehicle Monitor for Diesel Pusher Vehicles : Linear Logic).

Can't speak about this specific product. Most DP owners who want something like this seem to go for SilverLeaf VMSpc (VMSpc | SilverLeaf Electronics, Inc.) but with that you do need a computer or notebook.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Unless I'm not seeing the same ad, I see the Scan Gauge II listed on Camping World's site for $153, but no Scan Gauge D.
sfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just installed a ScanGuage in my 09' Pace. the programming instructions are on their web site. It works with both gas and diesel motors. My son just moved his from his ford V-10 to his Duramax and it works great. There is a ton of info if you program in the additoinal codes.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
A standard scangauge works in any odb2 system.
All gassers (far as I know) are odb2.
All passenger vehicles, including duramax and powerstroke pickups are also odb2.

Diesel pushers ain't odb2. The diag connector is round. The scangauge connector won't fit. The connector with automotive scantools won't fit either.

I'm still looking for an inexpensive solution to that. I'd like to be able to check codes. They say VMSpc will, but don't expand on that much. I don't really need it, as my alladin jr. does all those displays. But it doesn't read codes.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
As Jim mentioned, DPs do not have ODBII. I believe by law only vehicles under 16k lbs are required to have it. So DPs they don't have it!
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #7

Google ScanGauge D and go to the ScanGauge site. Lists the D being for diesel pushers, J1939 and J1708 data highways. Should monitor most things that the VMspc will do, just a small display. Might be worth it not to have the computer with the VMspc taking up space. Got some money I need to spend, think I will spring. Not sure if it is available yet, got to check on that.
southland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #8

American Coach Owners Club
I just ordered one from CW. It's on back order from the manufacturer.

. SCANGAUGE DIESEL (61464) 1 @ $142.99 - Backordered 04/27/12.

diesel pusher model not in stock must be ordered.
Ftartagl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #9

Scanner

I wold love to have your opinion when you get and install it. Easy to use? actually works? Screen hard to read?

I am somewhat reluctant to order one just because I have had a lot of issues with my 09 HR Nept 35SBD roadmaster R4R, 340 and allisonMH2500
  • Slideout HYD banging floor while driving
  • Trailing arms
  • Steering pull and skittnesh
  • Slideout seals leaking
  • Ac compressor frozen
  • Shocks
  • Bird relay
  • I am on my 4th Lippert HYD pump for leveling & main slide (orig+3) I am supposed to be the proud owner of the pump that works but I am still apprenshive when I go to retract.
Anyway I think I have all the issues under control and I am reluctant to touch anything for the moment

Look forward to hearing from you
Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyle908
I wold love to have your opinion when you get and install it. Easy to use? actually works? Screen hard to read?

I am somewhat reluctant to order one just because I have had a lot of issues with my 09 HR Nept 35SBD roadmaster R4R, 340 and allisonMH2500
[*]Slideout HYD banging floor while driving[*]Trailing arms[*]Steering pull and skittnesh[*]Slideout seals leaking[*]Ac compressor frozen[*]Shocks[*]Bird relay[*]I am on my 4th Lippert HYD pump for leveling & main slide (orig+3) I am supposed to be the proud owner of the pump that works but I am still apprenshive when I go to retract.
Anyway I think I have all the issues under control and I am reluctant to touch anything for the moment

Look forward to hearing from you
Looks like it might be time to trade up! I will be back on the 23rd. I will install it and take it for a ride to Tampa to have tires put on the coach, (about 30 miles each way) I wll let you know.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #11

The ScangaugeD is now available in Canada from Scangauge Canada. Ordered one today and expect to get it in a couple of days. I have a ScangaugeII in the toad and it works great.

Look forward to get it in use. Maybe will improve mpg!!

Gary D
Gary D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #12

Install my scan gauge D install and setup was quick and easy. Mounted right on dash for easy visibility . Show mpg and average! Now I can curb my driving to get better fuel mileage. Happy with purchase. Would recommend.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #13

Thank you for the information/fedback. I wil probably get one this week

Thanks again

Michael