Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Schwintec Slide preventing issues

I have a 2016 Thor Ace with the schwintec slide, that has already been serviced once. Any tips on preventing future issues ?
djc290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2017, 12:06 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is what I've gathered over the years. I've had mine five years with no issues. 1) always move the slide all the way in or out. No stopping in the middle. 2) make sure no obstructions are in the way inside or out. 3) keep your seals maintained.
Wishing you the best with yours!
Old 04-02-2017, 01:48 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
1. Per the Swintek directions, be sure to hold down the slide operation button in both directions for about 5 seconds after the slide stops moving. This will make sure that the two ends maintain alignment. The Swintek control modules and motors are designed for this you will not damage motors or boards by holding down the button as directed.

2. Look at the tracks and make sure all screws are tight. Tighten as needed by hand. They will strip so hand tighten and don't be over-rambunctious.

3. Minimize slide operation resistance by checking the floor and roller area under the slide, cleaning as needed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:36 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Any thoughts about power? - always run gen ? caution on low battery etc ?
djc290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:40 PM   #5

excellent

excellent thread / topic .... can't wait for veteran reviews on keeping the SRS working.
CF-104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:46 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc290 View Post
Any thoughts about power? - always run gen ? caution on low battery etc ?
Operate slides with full battery. If batteries not full because you are not on shore power and have not just driven to your location, then run engine and operate slides after the battery isolator cuts the coach batteries in with the chassis battery and alternator after a few seconds, in most RVs you will hear the CLICK when its big contactor cuts it thru.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-02-2017, 06:47 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I only operate my jacks and slides with the engine on.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:01 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
You will hear quite a difference in the sound from the Swintek slide motors when you operate the slides with full under charge battery voltage ( 13.6 volts or more ) from shore power or engine running, comparted to operating on resting battery voltage ( 12.5 volts or less ). I have a full wall slide and the few times I have operated it without taking the time to start the engine it has sounded like the motors were being pushed to their limit. Besides the different sound the slides move slightly faster with the full voltage. Totally agree one should be on shore power or run the engine when running slides in our out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-03-2017, 08:41 AM   #9

Only problem I have had with mine occurred because I jumped a curb going into a gas station. It popped the rivets in one of the slides and after that it would get stuck in the out position. An RV dealer fixed it. While there I had him lube both Schwintek slides.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:04 AM   #10

Thor's Middleton Run coaches' slides will not operate with the ignition on. The more level the coach is, the easier it is for the slides to operate correctly. I recommend the slides always be operated on shore or generator power. 14 volts is easier on the motors than 12.4 volts from the batteries. The slide's blocks and wheels (located under the motors) should be lubricated periodically (see video on YouTube) and I try to lubricate the rollers at least once a year.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #11
WDW

When in, prior to running them out, push the in button to make sure that it hasn't moved in transit and to make sure everything is synchronized . Pause. Then change directions and push it to go out . I would also recommend learning how to lube the rollers inside the wall where they go in and out. We do ours probably three or four times a season with the recommended product by the manufacture.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Here are some web YouTube on how to maintain the system.

Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #13

The Voltage people liked the Schwintek slide system so much that they dumped it in favor of cable slides.

The key thing I do is ensure the trailer is perfectly level. I dry-lube spray my tracks. I haven't done anything else in three years of ownership.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #14

Excel Owners Club
It is recommended that you use a spray with PTFE in it like CRC.

https://www.zoro.com/crc-dry-ptfe-lu...w&gclsrc=aw.ds
Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, vent