Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #57

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
But it would give all new meaning to a computer crash, or blue screen of death.
Oh well.... Guess I better not mention that I can't wait until transporters are a real option for travel.... I mean like the ones on Star Trek..... Beam me up Scotty...
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #58

Seat belts, everyone, all the time. My niece didn't wear one and was involved in an accident where the vehicle didn't impact anything, just spun. She was ejected. If I live forever, there will be no sadder day than the one I spent watching my brother and his wife bury their 21 y/o daughter. Just remember, you may be dead, but those that love you will have to deal with the grief. Nuff said.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #59

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Oh well.... Guess I better not mention that I can't wait until transporters are a real option for travel.... I mean like the ones on Star Trek..... Beam me up Scotty...
Yeah, me too. Imagine what the answers would be to the question "Where ya going for lunch?" at the office. "Paris", "Space station", "Moon", etc... lol
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #60

Damon Owners Club
Same policy I have followed for years in cars and trucks and same for motor home: THE KEY DOES NOT TURN TIL THE SEAT BELTS CLICK, Includes all kids and all adults.
capndan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #61

How many of you harness in your pets? Or do you kennel them?
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #62

Carolina Campers
I don't have a pet (excluding the DW), but I have used a pet restraint that hooks to the seatbelt in the past in the car. If I were to have one in the RV, probably not....
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
How many of you harness in your pets? Or do you kennel them?
Ours rides in the back of the crew cab as we have no 2 legged children.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...rash/index.htm
Old 10-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #64

Anyone, or anything not strapped in becomes a projectile upon hard impact, flying forward to hit the backs of the driver. Got to be safer strapped in place even if only for the driver.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #65

Do you really think your RV is not going to fall apart and become these projectiles? A bunch of cupboards mounted to the walls with self tapping screws and sticky tape? TV's screwed to Styrofoam and 1/4" plywood. If you get in an accident bad enough to throw people around the last thing I'm worried about hitting me is a passenger. These things disintegrate on impact. If your worried about crash safety your driving the wrong vehicle.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
Do you really think your RV is not going to fall apart and become these projectiles? A bunch of cupboards mounted to the walls with self tapping screws and sticky tape? TV's screwed to Styrofoam and 1/4" plywood. If you get in an accident bad enough to throw people around the last thing I'm worried about hitting me is a passenger. These things disintegrate on impact. If your worried about crash safety your driving the wrong vehicle.
Sorry. It appears ive upset you. That was not the intention. Please ignore my uninformed comment. However, I wasn't referring to a crash at high speed where everything is obliterated. But rather the more common 35-45 mph t-bone when someone runs a red light or stop sign in front of you. The 200 pound projectile slamming into your back at 35mph will cause considerably more damage and injury than a flying coffee pot. Injuries are caused by the secondary and internal collisions. Just sayin. Safe travels. Seriously.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #67
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
Wouldn't you think one of the Good Lord's servants could have designed a seat belt for you that didn't abrade your poor neck. Regardless of your beliefs, my concern would be for those innocents you might take with you who aren't quite so enthusiastic about an early demise. Very selfish philosophy and anyway, Heaven's gatekeeper might regard it as murder and then where will you end up.

As for drivers refusing to wear seat belts on the basis that any serious accident in an RV isn't survivable anyway, apart from that being pure bunkum on several levels, there is the very good reason that a relatively minor accident can cause the unbelted driver to be tipped out of his seat or otherwise lose effective control and turn the minor bingle into a fatality as the MH goes over the edge or across the median into oncoming traffic. Doesn't take much - an unnoticed pothole or misjudged kerb or minor collision.

Well stated on all points.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post

Well stated on all points.
I concur.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
This is no different than smokers raising rates for non-smokers, drinkers raising rates for non-drinkers etc... the argument doesn't hold water. You take care of you and I'll take care of me OK?

Remember the days of 55 mph speed limits and the slogan "55 saves lives" - The result was it just makes cripples.

I dont need the government telling me how to be safe. If they want to post recommendations, fine. Last I checked Americas still a free country; I fought to keep it that way and I refuse to be bullied by a bunch of do gooder bureaucrats. If it costs me a ticket or two that's my choice to pay as I go, and I'll continue to ride as I see fit. If you want to condemn me for not drinking the koolaid fine. I wont condemn you for drinking it.
Fl Richard...I agree heartily...Live and let live, but leave me out of the silly rules that people want to pass in order to control other peoples lives.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by davendeb View Post
Sorry. It appears ive upset you. That was not the intention. Please ignore my uninformed comment. However, I wasn't referring to a crash at high speed where everything is obliterated. But rather the more common 35-45 mph t-bone when someone runs a red light or stop sign in front of you. The 200 pound projectile slamming into your back at 35mph will cause considerably more damage and injury than a flying coffee pot. Injuries are caused by the secondary and internal collisions. Just sayin. Safe travels. Seriously.
Don't worry I have thick skin, you didn't upset me - this is a conversation right? You state your points.. I counter with mine. Nothing to get upset about -heck I dont even know you

A 22,000 pound RV impacting a 3500 pound low riding vehicle is not like hitting a wall.... it's more like plowing through it. I seriously doubt the deceleration will be fast enough to throw a 200 pound human across the room. Just say'n.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote