Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2016, 05:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
My wife says that an RV with a ladder strapped to the back looks like a vehicle out of the dust bowl or Grapes of Wrath.

And she would be right.

I guess she doesn't think much of those that strap their rolling grey water tote to the ladder either.

Things gotta go somewhere.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2016, 08:48 AM   #16

I'd look at a Little Giant ladder. They are more useful that a standard step ladder and take up less space so you might be able to store it in the bay's.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:56 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I snowbird 4 months a year and don't carry a ladder.
I am a friendly (read, talks a lot ) guy so I make friends easy. I have probably borrowed a ladder or 2 when I needed one. Maybe once a winter.
I always say Thank You.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased a collapsible ladder that folds to 4" square. It is a seven ft ladder and stores easily in a bay.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
I purchased a collapsible ladder that folds to 4" square. It is a seven ft ladder and stores easily in a bay.
Basically one of these although there a bit taller but store in a very small space.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:53 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
I carry one of these plus a telescoping ladder. I'm going to remove the telescoping one.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:29 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
I'd look at a Little Giant ladder. They are more useful that a standard step ladder and take up less space so you might be able to store it in the bay's.

That's what I use. Fits in bay nicely and is heavier built then most step ladders.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:28 AM   #22
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesinRockies View Post
That's what I use. Fits in bay nicely and is heavier built then most step ladders.
The Little Giant are the most stable ladders I have ever owned. You can climb on either side and adjust them to the terrain.

Repeating myself but I took mine to a powder coater. They had some paint that is almost a perfect match to the RV. I drilled out the rivets that hold the plastic parts and removed the operational knobs. I painted the plastic parts with some close matching rattle can color.

The paint is perfect after almost 4 years and it is hardly noticed on the back of the rv.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:45 PM   #23

On my last motorhome I didn't have pass through storage so I used to bungee cord and then zip tie the ladder for additional securing. It keeps it attached and it should deter the average thief that doesn't have a set of pliers.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:23 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
The one I have is item number 20319 at Camping World. I have a Little Giant Ladder that I use at home and they are great but the one I keep on the Coach takes up much less space
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
Amen to no ladder strapped to the rear ladder.... I always think of gypsies when I see all kinds of stuff hanging from the rear of a MH.... (Ladders, folding chairs, portable sewage tanks, ice chests). I expect to see Cousin Eddie step out the door and start dumping into the closest sewer opening... Lol....

I bought a 7' folding ladder that is abt 6" X 7' when folded.... Takes up almost zero space in the basement storage...
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:04 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Aren't all RV'rs a little bit gypsy? LOL I do put my step ladder on the ladder because that is what I saw others do. However, since I put my unit into hibernation I have come to the understanding that long term you could weaken the fasteners and the ladder would be weaken (from driving down the road and the flexing and bouncing) and could break loose. I don't know and I do not want to find out on my own. But anyway when I did this I used a half a dozen bungee cords since I felt pretty good that not all the cords would break at the same time. Happy RV'ing.
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:02 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Traveling north one Spring, on I-95, I saw a motorhome with a full size washer strapped to the back. Taking the washing machine with you for the Winter would save on laundry costs!!

And then there is this.....both front and rear. Not my photos.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #28

Forest River Owners Club
Now those pictures a FUNNY no matter where ur from !!!! Looks like they're using their coach as a moving van .....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote