Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2021, 11:32 AM   #1

Sell to a Dealer or Wholesaler?

We need to make a change in our lifestyle and will be selling our Class A coach after we arrive in Florida in early November. It may be challenging logistically for us to sell as a private party (we move back aboard our boat for the winter season) so I was wondering if anyone has had success in selling to a dealer or wholesaler.
Please share your experience, good and bad with this sale option to a SW Florida dealer or wholesaler. Thanks
BlueWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2021, 11:50 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You're probably going to take a beating selling directly to a dealer or broker! They have to buy it low enough to mark it up for their profit.

If you can't sell it yourself then I would let a dealer sell it for you on consignment. JMHO
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:17 PM   #3

Sometimes its easier. Dealer gave me more than a private party. The coach was perfect but the private parties wanted it free. The dealer sold it for 35k more. I still got a killer deal on my new one
Winger2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:26 PM   #4

I sold ours to LaMesa where we bought it and it went well. Was worth not trying to sell on my own.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:41 PM   #5

Use the classified section on this forum
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:49 PM   #6

I would put it on Rv Trader right now, I might be gone in a week.
Those sell well, they are not $300,000 used units.
People are crazy for a lower priced late model diesel.
I bet you might get your original price paid for it.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWanderer View Post
We need to make a change in our lifestyle and will be selling our Class A coach after we arrive in Florida in early November. It may be challenging logistically for us to sell as a private party (we move back aboard our boat for the winter season) so I was wondering if anyone has had success in selling to a dealer or wholesaler.
Please share your experience, good and bad with this sale option to a SW Florida dealer or wholesaler. Thanks
I would recommend selling it on RV Trader unless you absolutely donít care what you get for it. If you care, in simple Cliffs Notes verbiage, hereís what you should do.

Go to a dealer and get a best offer from them. Then, list it on RV Trader for an amount over the offer that you are happy with, but considerably lower than others of the same model. Explain why you are selling for less so folk know itís not a scam. It will probably sell within a very short period of time. And if top dollar money is not a problem for you, keep the price negotiable. Good luck.
Country Road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:14 PM   #8

If someone wants your unit a lot of details can be negotiated. Delivery / transfer date & location for instance.
I would advertise it and think ahead about what conditions are must for you and which are negotiable.
If you just don't want to deal with selling maybe the consignment route would be best.
I have bought & sold privately but haven't used consignment. I'm sure others here can recommend best places to consign.

Sent from my SM-T387V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:27 AM   #9

How much do u want then?
Old 09-01-2021, 08:27 AM   #10

As long as you are comfortable with the fact they will likely not so much as even rinse the dust off it and turn around and sell for thousands of dollars more than they gave you.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:06 PM   #11

I sold mine through a broker in FL called poprv.com. They take a 10 pecent commission, but you won't take near as much a beating as you will by selling to a dealer.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, sale, sell