Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Just bought a new stick house and thinking of selling our motorhome. It is a 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Diesel pusher. 38' with lots of extras. Does anyone know of a source that buys used M/H without robbing the owner, or have advice in another direction. Thanks, at this time, only thinking about it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Just bought a new stick house and thinking of selling our motorhome. It is a 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Diesel pusher. 38' with lots of extras. Does anyone know of a source that buys used M/H without robbing the owner, or have advice in another direction. Thanks, at this time, only thinking about it.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #3

You can "wholesale" your motorhome through several dealers, many listed in FMCA and Good Sam magazine. You will take a big hit on the sale price, but the unit is sold and gone. We've gone this route and it worked for us. Again, you will be getting trade-in value or a little less. Like a purchase, this is negotiable; I managed to get an extra 5%.

I researched and priced the consignment route, but the numbers never came out well enough for me to put my motorhome on a lot where I could not see how it was being taken care of and marketed.

So for us, wholesaling it out just got it over with and since the RV was not an investment, we just took our lumps.

Whether this is getting a good deal is in the eye of the beholder. In every conversation around the campfire I learn I usually paid the most and have the worst gas mileage, so.....................
Old 02-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Gene,

You might want to stick an ad in our free iRV2 Classifieds and see if you can sell it yourself.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #5

I could think of two. One is a consignment dealer but one of the biggest. It is PPL Motorhomes in Houston, TX.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/

The other, where we purchased our DP is Roman Holiday Motorhomes in New Braunfels, TX.

http://www.romanholidaymotorhomes.com/

Buzz and John are the owners and purchase all of their inventory so there is no consignment. If they like a coach and think they can sell it, they purchase it. They are very nice, honest people to deal with (Can you tell I am satisfied with my purchase somewhat?).

This is probably the best route if it needs to go fast BUT it doesn't mean they would buy it. I would give them a call and talk to them first.

If you talk to John, tell him you got the info from Ken with the green Gulfstream Sunvoyager DP bus.

Good luck.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:04 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
IMHO you got 'robbed' when you bought it, and now when you sell it you will find out how much. You will not ever get anything close to what you paid for it. Having said that if you want to know what it might bring , check out PPLmotorhomes.com

good luck to you

Callsign: KD8W
hamdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #7

Saw the word "investment" attached to buying a motorhome somewhere. It gave me my laugh for the day, week, and month. Have hopes for something funnier for the year.

But often the experience is worth the cost.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #8

We tried consignment for a year and got burned because the place didn't keep up with it's condition, never washed it and let the batteries die. We have had it parked now for almost 6 months but no takers, so we are selling it at a loss to Freedomroads, a part of the camping World conglomerate for low wholesale just to get out from under. Fulltiming didn't workout for more then 3 years and got a stick house again. Illness.

All of this is being done by phone and email and faxes. They will pick it up from us next week.

We live and learn and sometimes the learning is expensive. With the economy and gas prices going crazy we may have sold it just in time.

Good luck and be well.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:51 AM   #9

Bummer to hear; but this was similar to my experience in selling my diesel pusher. I never seemed to be right on the price. So for my last motorhome, I just bit the bullet and wholesaled directly. "Took my beating early" without the hassle of selling my self. Less emotional involvement since you know you are getting wholesale. That said, the unit I sold to the dealership is still on their lot a nearly a year later. Oh what a relief not to be on my dime.

Best of luck on new endeavors.