Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2022, 05:13 PM   #1

Selling Motor Home

Due to health issues, we have decided to sell our 2006 Fleetwood Expedition 37U, but we need suggestions about how to do it. We are located in central Indiana. [ATTACH]366460
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0149.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	506.4 KB
ID:	366460  
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2022, 06:24 PM   #2

Facebook, Craigslist.
Sell it on your own you will have no problem selling it.
Look up pricing on NADA website.
Gary O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:52 PM   #3

If you are inclined / comfortable with a DIY sale it is very possible and done by many but it does involve some work.

Best advice I have seen / read...
Clean it thoroughly inside and out as well as storage bays, etc
Stage is as if it is in use - think house staging, place settings, etc
Take many photos and edit, be selective and retake as needed - if not a competent photographer engage a relative, friend or pay someone to help Include storage & engine compartment photos
Research other similar listings - model year +/- 1 year (more if a limited # available) similar if not exact match re length.
Set a realistic price for a quicker sale - avoid shooting for the moon re $$$
Include mention of availability of maintenance records (not necessarily the details but that they are available)
Advertise multi places - I had success w responses via RV Trader, RVT, iRV2 Classifieds, Craigslist, (+Facebook marketplace)
Have a purchase offer form available for use by those seriously interested and wanting to make an offer. Include any / all contingencies, deposits (refundable or non-refundable, applicable time frames limits / expirations.
Be prepared to go through many viewings that many not pan out. AND maybe most importantly BE PREPARED TO SORT OUT AND HANDLE SCAMMERS AND REQUESTS BY OTHER TO LIST IT, SELL IT TAKE IT OB CONSIGNMENT... you will get them so be prepared

If above seems daunting consider consigning the MH to a reliable / highly regarded dealership (for example NIRVC - no direct experience but I read many great reviews)
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:20 PM   #4

5 weeks ago I listed my 2000 Newmar Dutchstar on Craiglist. 2 weeks later listed in my local newspaper. 1 week later in FB marketplace. Marketplace produced a buyer in one week at no cost to me. But the other avenues only cost me 59 bucks.
Spend 3 days cleaning top to bottom and you will sell in due time. Good luck!
bizzerbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:06 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Start by listing it in the Classified ad on this site.

https://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/uploadproduct.php
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 03:28 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I would list it in the IRV2 free Classifieds and on RVTrader.com. Include lots of pics on RVTrader. I would include the following statement in all ads: "I can only accept a direct transfer of funds between your bank and mine, NO EXCEPTIONS". This is the only safe way to handle it!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, motor home, sell