Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2018, 12:44 AM   #1

Semi-Emergency Slide Question

I must have my coach towed to a Cummins service facility because it won't start. BUT all four of my slides are extended and none of their control buttons do anything. There's no movement in any slide. The problem exist for all four slides. Three are hydraulic HWH and one electric. I have solid yellow lights but no steady red light, which I think means the hydraulic pump is not operating. My 12V coach batteries which operate at least the HWH slides are charged don't fine. My emergency brake is engaged and the electronic transmission selector is in Neutral.

Something is locking me out from the slide system. I suspect it's a safety thing Country Coach put in the chassis. I read in some posts that the hydraulic brake air tanks must be full to operate the slides. If that's true, I can't pressure them up because I can't start the main pump.

As an aside, if any of you have manually retracted slides with HWH systems, I'd appreciate your knowledge. My chassis is a Dynomax and does not have jacks.

Jerry
2008 Country Coach Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31611 37' tag, Cummins ISL-400, Dish Trav'ler, MCDs, Techma, liftup Sony, fireplace, 1440W solar 600A lithium, 2014 JKUR
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2018, 01:30 AM   #2

Jerry
I have air leveling and all 3 slide are electric. All I have to do is turn on the key to work the slide, motor running or NOT running. Are your batteries up and are you hooked up to power. I don't know about hyd slide and how they work. I would think they would come in with just the key on to run the pump.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:35 AM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Why won't your coach start? Could these two problems be related? No 12 volt battery power?
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:50 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let us know what the outcome is.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:40 AM   #5

New Horizons Owners Club
I can retract my hydraulic slides manually, close to my pump is a place for a 3/4" socket and ratchet or a small cordless impact.
CDWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:18 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
IF you need air in the tanks to operate the slide you may find there is a connection point at the front of the RV (mine is inside the generator compartment) for tow trucks to connect to in order to air up your suspension and release the emergency brakes.

With the right connector, mine is apparently an Oetiker or Orion (at least according the Dutch Mechanic that found the right connector), you can air up the coach with a standard compressor (note that this will bypass the water seperator so you probably don't want to make a habit of it).
ElvistheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:53 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Why won't your coach start? Could these two problems be related? No 12 volt battery power?
DSD is correct in that these problems are related. Your coach does not have to have any air in the system to retract the slides or to start it.

You have an electrical problem. Once you find out what it is, you won't have to be towed either.

Where are you currently located?
Old 01-13-2018, 05:35 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry I can't help you. If you post this on the Country Coach owner's forum you might get some better answers.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide