Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2017, 09:33 AM   #1

Service and Tires

Does anybody have any experience with Florida Shores Truck Center in Edgewater FL? Considering them for my annual service and new tires...

Thanks!

Tommy
TommyHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My experience has been that there are some truck centers that don't know what maint. is required on a MH. An example is the U joints. They apparently don't do them as often on trucks. My MH is supposed to have it done every 5000 miles. May be other things as well. Just a thought.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:52 PM   #3

Thanks, Jerry.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemert View Post
My experience has been that there are some truck centers that don't know what maint. is required on a MH. An example is the U joints. They apparently don't do them as often on trucks. My MH is supposed to have it done every 5000 miles. May be other things as well. Just a thought.
In my experience u-joints are done more often on trucks. A truck service center would be a good place to have the mechanical part of your RV serviced.
When it comes to the inside, appliances and such they probably are not the best choice.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:00 PM   #5
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Tommy, although I haven't used Florida Shores Truck Center myself, we do keep a log in our files anytime we hear good or bad about various service facilities when talking with people on the road.

I found in my notes that Florida Shores Truck Center is familiar with working on motorhomes and that two couples have told us about very good experiences there with work pertaining to the chassis.

I don't see any reviews on the RV Service Reviews website but they do have some good Google reviews HERE, and some of the forum members here at iRV2 have mentioned ordering various things from them.

Here is their webpage pertaining to motorhomes:

Florida Shores Truck Center -- Trailer, RV, Truck and Motorhome Service And Repair

eta: I've found their motorhome inspection list in my files and it's pretty impressive --attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Motorhome inspection Florida Shores Truck Center.pdf (291.1 KB, 8 views)
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:28 AM   #6

I had 6 tires installed a few months ago by Stuart Truck center. It was quick, they spun balanced them even with 22.5" rims. I do not regret a penny of the cost. Our Diesel pusher rides so smooth now. Not sure how far they are from you, but I would ask if they can spin balance the tire. It cost $25.00 per wheel and it's sooooooo smooth now. For the other work I take it to a Freightliner service center, a bit more cost but they do catch things others don't and if you need an odd part they know what to order.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:59 AM   #7

Speaking as someone who serviced heavy trucks, U joints were always greased along with everything else.

Dual drive axle trucks have short driveshafts between them, similar to MH shafts. For the most part, MH chassis are built with off the shelf truck parts.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:00 AM   #8

Thank you very much!

Tags
service, tires