Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2023, 03:37 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Service Centers - No Name or Cummins?

I need to take my MH in for a complete service. I just bought it and I have little knowledge of actual last service. Two weeks and counting to our journey begins as full time RV'ers. Anybody know a good shop in NCFL, with Gainesville being the starting point. Would prefer a 50 mile or so radius but in reality I'll drive to where ever I need to go for reliable competent service. MH is a 99 Diplomat with a 275 HP Cummins.
All thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Thanks
rcroberts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2023, 04:46 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
If engine and chassis service is what you want, There's a Freightliner, Mack and Cat dealer just up from you in Lake City. I bought parts from the Freightliner store there, seen plenty of motorcoaches on the lot.

But any local shop that works on med/heavy trucks in your area can do it as well.
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 05:14 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you're interested in starting with an oil and all filters change as well as a chassis lube there is also a Speedco in Lake City. Since you should be allowed in the service area to observe, it can be a good learning experience.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:35 AM   #4

I'd go to Cummins Ocala for the initial check and service. Tell them your situation. There's a small CG out back.
Old 01-29-2023, 11:27 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Sort of depends on what you mean by "full service". Most any diesel shop can change oil & filters, check transmission fluid & filters, check air dryer, etc. But your chassis is an orphan (Roadmaster) so some shops may be reluctant to do much with it, maybe even a chassis lube. And your generator probably should be serviced too.

Some Freightliner dealer service centers aren't interested in non-FTL business ( ditto for Cat dealers), but it's worth a call to ask because they are generally reliable. You shouldn't have that problem at Cummins Coach Care locations, plus you can get usually Onan generator service too. Coach Care shops also do some of the more common RV "house" services too, e.g. appliances, LP system, etc.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins, service