Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #43

I got an aftermarket sewer hose storage thing - looks like a large round PVC pipe from PPLmotorhomes and mounted it under my 2015 Itasca 37F. I'm not sure why Winnebago doesn't put there on anymore.
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #44
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"SpaceNorman".....My Dutch Star has a small 40 gallon black tank with two macerating toilets (using water) that fills rather quickly, usually within two days. When the tank gets full, the toilets shut down and can't be flushed. This became problematic when it occurred at 11:00pm.

My solution.....I bought an electric 3" black tank drain valve and the optional double switch. I mounted the drain valve with a switch in the wet bay and ran the second switch to the half bath. I also added a second switch to the SaniCon. Now, when the tanks are full, I can dump both tanks from inside the coach. This was intended to be a solution for the small tank, but there were additional benefits. When we break camp, I now dump the tanks, from inside the coach, while prepping the interior for travel. I can hear the SaniCon while doing this and know when its empty by the increased speed.

Once my slides are in, I simply disconnect the SaniCon hose, unplug the power cord and power in the water hose.

Side note:....We were at Yosemite this week for Thanksgiving. For any of you familiar with Upper Pines campground, there is a double dump station (two lanes) at the entrance to the campground. Most people left Saturday due to weather and the line at the dump was about 5 deep. I watched as two RV's ahead of me, pulled up, open their compartment(s), got out their Tupperware containers, pulled out their sewer hose and rinse hose, made the connections, dumped, disconnected their hoses, rinsed out their hoses, stuffed their hoses back into the Tupperware and then stored the tub(s) back into the storage compartment.

When it was my turn, I drove up, opened the wet bay, pulled out the SaniCon, pumped out my tanks, capped the SaniCon hose, stuffed it back in the wet bay and drove off. I beat the slowest guy by several minutes and at least tied the fastest guy. Best part, I never had to clean a sewer hose.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:15 PM   #45

Plastic tub with a raised floor made out of half inch pvc pipe to keep the hose about 3/4 inches above the floor of the tub. That way, the hose itself won't be resting in the residual waste water that might be left in it when it is stored.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:24 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
After draining mine, I cap both ends. No leakage that way.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:39 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
After draining mine, I cap both ends. No leakage that way.
jt
Same here. The caps also keep the hoses fully collapsed since they need air to expand.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:30 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
I store mine inside a hollow PVC fence post on top of the propane tank. I leave the elbow on, hanging out the end of the post. Home Depot sells the post in 8' lengths. Used to store in plastic tub with lid.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:38 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
I was recently behind a travel trailer at a dump station. His dump valve was at the left rear end of the trailer. He backed up to the sewer opening that was surrounded by concrete curbing and dumped without a hose. A real class act and no hose storage worries.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:09 AM   #50

TClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1480698325.731718.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	145811i cut a hole in side of storage bin near sewer and put a 5" plastic post cover thru the hole to the other side of motorhome. Glued cap on far end and I use an eves trough to lay the hose in and use as a slide draw. When I put the sewer hose out I use the trough as a guide to hold the hose!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
gmann55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage