Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2016, 11:59 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Sewer Hose Storage

This may sound like a dumb question - but I won't let that slow me down. Where/how do you store your sewer hose in your motorhome?

Our coach came with a Sanicon System - which I've simply left attached to our waste connection and have used ever since we've had our coach. As a system it has served us well ... BUT, there are some drawbacks to it. First and foremost being the amount of time it takes to pump out 100 gallons of waste from the gray and black tank thru the smaller hose.

Not having to deal with wrangling a sewer hose when we're moving regularly is nice - but when we're parked for extended periods - I wouldn't mind eliminating the 10-15 minutes I spend "babysitting" the Sanicon while dumping 2x-3x a week - by using a conventional gravity feed system. I just figure out how I want to store the "slinky".
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2016, 02:54 AM   #2

i use a short plastic tub with lid. It lets me store it with out worrying if it's perfectly dry or even clean. I rinse it out with bleach water every so often. Stores in small bay with other hoses.
Good luck

pointrow
Old 11-23-2016, 04:06 AM   #3

SpaceNorman-

I stow the sewer hose, elbow, rubber donut, 5-inch clear section, hose rinse cap, Valterra Flush King and a rubber strap wrench in a plastic tote that fits into the compartment immediately aft of the wet bay. NOTE: The 15-foot sewer hose is about four feet long when collapsed, so it must be bent to fit inside the tote.

Our coach came with a Sani-Con; it was broken, so I removed it. I may install a replacement at some point.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:01 AM   #4

I added a 'floor' in my DEF bay, made of a closet shelf metal rack, that allows me to make use of the wasted space around the DEF tank by storing my sewer hoses there. No need for a bucket or to worry about neatness since it is an 'open' floor bay.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:08 AM   #5

We put ours in a plastic trash bag—which we change out every time we pull it out— and store in the empty cavity in the aft area of the wet bay. I also clean out that entire wet bay area often with a water/bleach solution.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:31 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I store 20' ( 2 x 10') of hose and the elbow compacted and coiled in a 5 gal bucket with a lid.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:34 AM   #7

Plastic tub with lid.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:37 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Plastic tub with lid aft end of the wet bay. If not enough room then even an empty drywall bucket will work. Clean the areas with bleach occasionally.
noeldale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointrow View Post
i use a short plastic tub with lid. It lets me store it with out worrying if it's perfectly dry or even clean. I rinse it out with bleach water every so often. Stores in small bay with other hoses.
Good luck

pointrow
Ditto
oldjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
We put ours in a plastic trash bag—which we change out every time we pull it out— and store in the empty cavity in the aft area of the wet bay. I also clean out that entire wet bay area often with a water/bleach solution.
Likewise, big heavy duty lawn and garden bags, stored in the same spot.
partskenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:55 AM   #11

I store our 15 foot "stinky slinky" in a Lowes vinyl fence post installed through the sewer compartment and attached to the bottom of the frame rails. This storage method is handier than pockets on a shirt!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7735.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	145045  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:20 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is similar to Petes. Also a vinyl square fence post with caps I picked up at Home Depot. But instead of cutting into my utility bay I installed it above my Propane tank. It is long enough to store two sections
Doug
Old 11-23-2016, 06:30 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Plastic tub with lid.
Ditto

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:35 AM   #14

My approach is a bit different. I put a swing out 4" PVC pipe "elephant trunk" under the Bus that swings from the wet bay. The sewer hose is always connected to the dump elbow so I never have a wet hose anywhere except inside the 4" PVC pipe. The sewer hose collapses enough to store the entire length of hose in it. When we get to a dump site, I unscrew the 4" plug in the PVC, pull the hose and swing out the PVC pipe, and I'm ready to dump. All parts are from Lowes plumbing section and very inexpensive. I have pix, but don't know how to post them here. PM me an email and I'd be glad to share.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage