Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #15

Good idea High Ball! I like that.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Nice job!!
Mickey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
Just bought 2 Valterra Dominator 5 foot extensions from Amazon. I hope these fit. These hoses seem to get better reviews here and on Amazon than Rhinoflex.
I just got the 2 new hoses and as I suspected, they don't fit. Coachmen has a real winner here, it's headed to the recycle bin. I'm going to move the hose connections outside the bay using these 2 adapters and a few fittings from Lowes. The holes in the bay floor will be filled in by snap in deck plates.

Amazon.com: Valterra T1027 Rotating Rigid Sewer Pipe Bayonet Adapter with 3" Male Thread x Bayonet Hooks: Automotive

Amazon.com: Valterra T1029-1 Termination Adapter with 3" Bayonet x 3" Spigot: Automotive
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
The rinoflex have large taps that prevent it fitting in the round storage but easy grip for tired hands.

Home Depot and others have plastic post covers that are 4 inch or so square that work great.

Have one and is a project for future as ours is under coach...but they can be mounted almost anywhere.
I did have the fence post storage on my travel trailer. I'd really like to have the hose hooked all the time and stored in the pipes provided by Coachmen. As I have found out it really can't be done.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Ball View Post
I also have the Rhinoflex sewer hose with a extra length just in case. The ends are too big to fit the compartment I had so I took some 3 inch PVC pipes,90 degree elbows, glued these together and then used the Jig saw to cut the opening to just drop the hoses inside pipe. these are screwed inside the water bay door. Works great and are where I need them all the time. No need to go to back or under MH to get them.
I love it. . My water bay door goes up instead of sideways like yours. All the other doors go open from the side except that one. Coachmen again.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:45 PM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
if u don;t want it i'll take it if all in 1 piece not broken or cut all i care abt is elbow & swing fitting can get straight pipe & end cap anyplace
it should be simple take a hose cut off the right end push it in pipe reattach the matching fitting to hose then leave it connected all the time, just take off cap & add what hose u need
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:43 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santara View Post
if u don;t want it i'll take it if all in 1 piece not broken or cut all i care abt is elbow & swing fitting can get straight pipe & end cap anyplace
it should be simple take a hose cut off the right end push it in pipe reattach the matching fitting to hose then leave it connected all the time, just take off cap & add what hose u need
It's not that simple but it should be that simple. Yes, the hose will go into the pipe but the end of the hose will not store into the threaded end where you can cap it off. So far I've tried the Dominator hose and the Rhinoflex hose and neither end will fit. I'm sure somewhere there is an end that will fit but at what quality hose and fittings do I end up with? One and done is the way I want it. I don't want any leaking surprises later. As for the storage tubes I have on there now, they are not coming off in one piece. They are built with swivel toilet flanges. Just add however many feet of pipe to it that you'd like and a way to cap the end, which will have to be at least a 6 inch end. It's very unfortunate that this can't work with a high quality hose. It's an excellent idea that just wasn't thought through all the way.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
look at this link its exactly what i have look under google
Extension Hose, 10', EZ Coupler, Red, RV/Camper/Trailer, 1-pk #06020
Old 10-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151005_144651663.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	108862  
Old 10-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santara View Post
look at this link its exactly what i have look under google
Extension Hose, 10', EZ Coupler, Red, RV/Camper/Trailer, 1-pk #06020

That has factory installed ends. If you cut them off how do you reattach them? If I can reattach them how leakproof are they going to be? I can't see it working.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #25

Blueline Ultimate Sewer Kit - Prest-O-Fit 1-0203 - Sewer Hoses - Camping World

This with the 5ft extention fit right thru the black pipe under our coach. This way we don’t have to leave the bay door open.
1970nds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:50 PM   #26

I set about to remove the 'swiveling stovepipe' on my Coachmen, so I could simply connect my Rhino hose directly to the dump valve connection after fishing it up through the floor hole. I even bought a cap so I could seal the opening for travel. However, I don't like working that connection so close to the fresh water hookups, and I was going to need some yoga lessons to reach in that far all the time.
I began removing the end fitting from my Rhino so I could put the cap back on the 'stovepipe' for travel, and then reinstalling it upon arrival/setup. Inconvenient but better than working so deep inside the water compartment.
So now it appears I can buy a 5' Valterra hose from Walmart and make it the first connection. The fitting is small enough to stay inside the stovepipe so I can cap it for travel, then when setting up, just open the cap and connect to my existing Rhino gear. The Valterra piece will be hidden from sunshine and not stretched and dragged, so should last quite a while. I'm glad I read this post.
It would be even better to re-plumb everything and get the dump valves out where they can be operated more easily, will wait and see on that mod.

Tags
storage