Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #1

Shopping at Lazydays?

Has anyone bought from Lazydays? I'll be close to the one in Tampa in a couple of weeks and I thought I would see what they can do for me. Good or bad experiences is what I need to know. Thanks!
Joe_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #2

I bought my new Tiffin Bus from Lazydays, they beat the La Mesa closer to me by giving me a 2015 Bus for the same price LaMesa wanted for their 2014. The final price was 25% off MSRP. They also gave me a good price for my trade, a 30 ft Airstream Landyacht.

They did a complete brake job on my Landyacht last year, and I did not purchase it there. They were prompt, courteous, answered every question I had, fixed everything we found wrong with the new unit. They were busy, so the final mechanical work took longer than I would have liked, but that is the only complaint I can give.

It's a great place to shop, the selection is huge. I was never pressured, and that includes last year when I had looked at trading in the Airstream with them for a used Class B that are getting so popular now, but we could not reach a deal. I'm glad, because circumstances have changed and we needed a bigger rig for the new plans, so it worked out well for us.

I'm sure there are people who have not had good experience with them, but I was treated well and am happy with the deal we got on our new one.
Lindamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with Lindamon! We bought a class A last Dec on Christmas Eve and we had a great experience. Lazy Days did everything they promised and more. We did spend a little more time than I wanted in the service bays but they were really busy and it was the holidays.
The pricing was competitive but the way that did the pre-delivery inspection and the way they fixed each and every problem I perceived was excellent. I was surprised when I got no hesitation or reluctance to fix or repair anything I found that was not quite right.
We talked to Brant Graves and he was very knowledgable. But be aware once you buy that salesman moves on so get it all in writing before the deal is done!
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Shopping at Lazydays?

I bought two MH's there and was very satisfied during and after the sale. They're one of if not the largest dealers in the Country and as such haven't satisfied everyone. You'll find those who'll blame them for everything a mfg. didn't do right. Ya can't please everyone. The shopping experience is pretty cool. All of their units except the higher end are open and you can go in all of them. If you want a salesman to accompany you , they'll arrange it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #5

We love Lazydays! I suppose there are always better deals out there, but Lazydays make you feel like family!

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #6

We bought our 2011 Allegro RED from LD. then in 2014 we wanted to move over to the 14 Phaeton and I felt they thought I had "stupid" written on my forehead. I was stunned having owned 6 motorhomes and they would not deal one bit. This was August of 14.
We still go there and I suppose I would give them a shot when we are ready for next one and hope they deal better than the last time.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #7

We purchased our unit at Lazydays in Dec 2013. Their price was competitive and service was better than I have experience at all other RV facilities except the factory. Yes, you have to push a little to get what you want fixed, but when they fix it, they fix it correctly.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:49 AM   #8

Thanks for the replies, y'all! We tried to find reviews online and only found one. It made Lazydays sound like the worse place in the country to buy an RV! When you hear one very bad review you have to wonder about it.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:56 AM   #9
paz

We recently were shopping for a 5th wheel at Lazydays. We got a much lower price from 2 other dealers.

To start with, I suspect Lazydays may be manipulating the MSRP of some of their RVs to make it look like they are giving a bigger discount than they really are. The MSRP they were using was about $3000 higher for the exact same 5th wheel with the exact same options than the list price at both the other dealers.

We wanted to buy from Lazydays because they are closer to where we spend the winter in Florida than the other dealers, but when presented with the competitor's price that was about $6500 lower than theirs, Lazydays only came down another $1500. Needless to say, we ordered from one of the other dealers.

Lazydays is a huge dealership, so we thought they would have good prices because of volume. However, because they are so big, their overhead may be getting in the way. Bottom line - shop around.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Lazy Days - Tampa

We are in the process of buying a coach from Lazy Days in Tampa. So far the experience has been outstanding. They were able to meet the price that a local dealer gave us and the fact of being able to park the two rigs next to each other and take our time to move things is priceless. We are signed up for the driving confidence class as well. Planning on spending a week at their facility making the change. Our sales person, Matt, came highly recommended by another forum member here, and so far has exceeded our expectations.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #11

We purchased a new 2012 Monaco Knight there a couple of years ago right after the 2013's came out. They gave us a much better discount than the "local dealer" and we got a $20000 more expensive (MSRP) coach for the same price. Overall, the discount off MSRP was 32%. The service after the sale has been ok and they are very organized in the entire purchase process from financing/insurance etc. We considered trading up to a more expensive coach recently and the offer they gave us was ridiculous and was not overly impressed with our sales person acting like we just could not afford it after already spending almost $200k there a year earlier. Their service after the sale is ok but plan on spending considerable time there to get things taken care of as they are extremely busy and some of their service advisors seem overworked.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #12

I purchased two RV's from Lazy Days, a 2012 Redwood fifth wheel in Oct 2012 and then a 2008 H/R Ambassador in May 2013. The Redwood was too much coach for my F250 diesel and LD worked with me on the HR. I had several service incidents with both RV's and LD did a great job addressing and fixing the issues. Yes their service advisors are very busy and may not call back in an appropriate time, but the work is done right and the price is very much in line with other dealers. I would not hesitate to recommend them.
jlandon13399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Shopping there has been a wonderful experience.

We bought our first unit (2007 32' Fleetwood Southwind) in 2010,
traded for out 2013 Palazzo 33.1 in 2012, and just traded again for a 2013 Palazzo 33.2.
We've dealt with the same salesperson (Joanne Heppe) each time, and have always gotten a fair price, both for trade and new unit.

Not as thrilled with their service department, but that also has been improving.
I recommend my salesperson to anyone - maybe someday my ex-wife will even buy there.

If you call her, tell her Keith & Bunny said hello.
spensergig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #14

Wow! Thanks for all of the replies! LD sounds pretty good overall. I'll be down there just before Christmas. Who knows...maybe a Christmas present?