Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #1

Short term leveling

I’m new to the class A world, if I can’t find the answers to my questions by searching I’m going to ask. Yeah, some might be dumb but it’s dumber for me to mess something up by guessing. Thanks in advance for your patience.

When staying short term like at a Harvest Host, and the coach is 90% level do you use the stabilization/leveling system or just set the brake and chill?
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
If it's close I don't bother to level for one night. I have a residential fridge though.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:04 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We always level. It also cuts down on motion as it stabilizes the rig as well. It takes all of 39 seconds to do so why not.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
We always level. It also cuts down on motion as it stabilizes the rig as well. It takes all of 39 seconds to do so why not.

EXACTLY^^^^^^^^

RV Fridge has less likelihood of coolant overheating causing cooling unit issues when 'level'

RV doesn't bounce/move as much when jacks/stabilizers are use....more solid connection with ground

And just takes the 'push' of a button.....

Simple
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:19 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
When staying short term like at a Harvest Host, and the coach is 90% level do you use the stabilization/leveling system or just set the brake and chill?
Level, because why not.

The only time we won't level is when we're at a Walmart parking lot or something like that. First, because I'm sure the property owners don't want us to look like we're long-term residents, and second, because it would put dents in the asphalt.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:50 PM   #6

I use my tools.
I bought them so that I can use them.
That includes the leveling system on my MH.
Leveling, to me, means pushing a button and waiting a few minutes then automagically it's level.
My BigFoot pads are 10 X 10 - so no trouble, no additional pads are required. If a surface, such as Walmart, is set up for tractor trailer traffic/disconnect/loading/unloading then the surface can stand the 10 X 10 pad.

I never question it.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
I use my tools.
I bought them so that I can use them.
That includes the leveling system on my MH.
Leveling, to me, means pushing a button and waiting a few minutes then automagically it's level.
My BigFoot pads are 10 X 10 - so no trouble, no additional pads are required. If a surface, such as Walmart, is set up for tractor trailer traffic/disconnect/loading/unloading then the surface can stand the 10 X 10 pad.

I never question it.
You must have an auto leveling system. We don’t and it’s APITFA to level.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
You must have an auto leveling system. We don’t and it’s APITFA to level.
Both Dometic and Norcold have limits on how level the refrigerator must be, that is 3° side-to-side and 6° front-to-back; viewed as standing facing the doors.
Outside those parameters the boiler will rather quickly over-heat, this eventually destroys the cooling unit;
unless you have an ARP/Fridge Defend device.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #9
Community Moderator

With residential fridge I don’t bother with jacks if it’s “close enough” to being level. Sometimes it’s an advantage to not being level if it rains..... the water pours off easier rather than pooling on the roof or slide toppers
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:04 PM   #10

I always level stops rocking on air bags. I never use my auto level , I always get the front jack down first ,maybe just scared it will go wonky and pop out windshield . Leveling must be my superpower because I can get very close by the seat of my pants ,literally as my controls is at lower left dash .
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:46 PM   #11

Always level, otherwise no slides.

Tags
leveling