Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Should I remove basement located outdoor kitchen?

We have a 2009 fleetwood excursion 40x. One of the optional features we inherited (newer to us) is an outdoor kitchen housed on a basement slide out tray. This kitchen had a sink with water pump, grill, small refrigerator, storage, etc. It has never been used as evidenced by the tape and styrofoam in the fridge. We won't use it and it takes up an entire basenent section. Should I remove it? Will not having it decrease used coach value? Is there any reason I should keep it? Thanks.
DBTulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If you are sure you would not use this I would remove. It will provide more storage space and will reduce you weight as I can imagine how much it weights.

If the kitchen comes out as a unit I would think you could easily remove.

Keep & install back when you are getting rid of the RV or try and sell it, there may be someone out there that could use something like this >>> tailgaters may be interested.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I believe a fellow forum member "huntski" has the same coach and has posted on its use. Might try and PM Tim. I may be having a senior moment but believe this info is accurate.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #4

It probably adds value on resale, but I like you would never use it. It'd pull it out and try to sell on Craigs list or a forum. If it doesn't sell and you have a place to store it, i'd keep it for the new owner if/when you sell it.
navigator336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:46 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks guys. I really think in going to have it removed. It will gain me one more full pass through with a slide.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #6
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
I believe a fellow forum member "huntski" has the same coach and has posted on its use. Might try and PM Tim. I may be having a senior moment but believe this info is accurate.
Tim's user name is "huntnski" I believe.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I looked him up and found it after a little bit. Thanks!!!
Old 10-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thought I heard my ears ringing! I have the outside kitchen and at first was like you, felt it was waisted space and wanted to remove it.

In the time waiting on my get a roundtoit we have used it quit often and love it. Since we have yet to fill our other bays up with stuff I can say its really not in the way. Nice to have a cold beverage outside and a sink to wash your hands in and we're not tailgaters!

Don't rush your decisions!
Old 10-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
It was a must have for me on my 40x. I believe the 2009 and 2010 are smaller than the 2008 and previous. They are hard to come by in the later model years. I use mine to wash hands, wash cooking utensils, wet a rag etc. Not having to go inside for that all the time is priceless. Also good for a prep table. If you never cook outside and want to get rid of it you could probably sell it pretty fast. I looked for months to find one just incase I found a 40x without one that I had to have. I never found one used. Also included with that package is a quick disconnect for hooking up a grill to the coach propane. I threw the provided grill away and went with a Weber q2000. Good Luck! JD
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
If you decide to sell it, here's something to baseline your thinking: RV Accessories FLEETWOOD COMPLETE BASEMENT SLIDE-OUT KITCHEN | BLACK & CHROME RV Exterior | RV SALVAGE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES AND SERVICE. EAST BERNSTADT, KY. LONDON AND SURROUNDING AREAS. TN. OH. WV. SHIPPING AVAILABLE. ORDER ONLINE. KOA. | visonerv.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, door