Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #1

Should we get the Xzilon Molecular Adhesion Appearance Protection

We are picking up our new 2012 Itasca Sunova on Friday. Should we have them put this "fancy wax" on the motor home? It costs $800 and we are not sure it is worth it. What do you think?
ctmensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't buy snake oil!!

This is the same type of stuff the car dealers try to sell you. Almsot pure profit for the dealer.

Ask them to throw it in for free

Then ask them if the quality of the finsh is that poor should you be buying it or maybe they shouldn't sell it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #3

I will generally screw with somebody making me an offer like that. They are playing on your ignorance of what it is they are offering (snake oil). This doesn't say much about your salesperson? If he/she are trying to take advantage of you with this offer, logic might indicate there might be something else they're trying to take advantage of you with?

Tell them you want to know a lot more about it prior to spending that amount of money? Ask them about a web site, or a list of people you could contact to see if they were happy. Ask them more about the warranty on the product. What exactly is covered, a list of items might constitute a claim, the procedure to file a claim if there are less than satisfactory results? Is that handled through the dealership? (not bloody likely).
Old 07-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
S-N-A-K-E O-I-L.

These protectant packages are HUGE profit makers fro the dealers. Keep the money in your pocket.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #5

Most , if not all RV Manufacture's will stipulate "Do Not Wax" your RV the first year.
Make sure you read yours !
like the other responses ............. its pure profit for the seller!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #6

On our order sheet from the factory there is a $1,600 charge for special coating on top of the normal clear coat. I cannot say if the 1,600 made it happen, but our coach is 10 years old this year and it is still very shiny with no oxidation. So if you buy something make sure it is something good. Google the coating and see if anything comes up.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:01 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
NOT IN THIS LIFETIME! Did you google this product? Lots of unhappy people out there...
Appears that to be "properly" done a buffer is required - a serious no-no for new unhardened paint. And finally if it is really desired, you can buy enough to do a MH on eBay for $40.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #8

Smile

Thanks for your advice on the "snake oil"....we are brand new to RVing and appreciate the wisdom from those of you who have been doing this awhile. Hope to meet some of you as we put some miles on our new home on wheels!
ctmensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Most new motorhome manufacturers (especially with full paint job) recommend no wax for at least 90 days or more. They want the paint to cure. I would not pay for this either. My manufacturer (Tiffin) says not to use anything with Carnaba in it.
cutrell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #10

Well I'm a newbe and must be a dumb you know what but I did get a coating on our Berkshire in fact I asked if they offered one. I have had coating on cars esp black ones and love the product. On our MH so far I love it. There is no way I can wax a MH I can't even wash it. When I have it washed it looks shiny and I think it's worth every nickel I paid. It has a 5 year warranty and the dealer will reapply it if it fails to hold up. I pay to have my MH washed as I have back issues but I would get this done anyway. Sorry I don't remember what the brand is I will look at the file when we go camping this week.. So whatever I'm a DA but this DA has a shiny MH and I don't wax it..
phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote