Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2021, 11:03 AM   #1

Shower drain leaking on 2005 Tiffin Allegro Open Road

First of all let me start by saying that this is the best forum for RV/ Motorhome owners I have seen so far, people are so great and willing to help. Now my issue.
I have a 2005 Tiffin Allegro and on just noticed a wet cargo compartment. After carefully examination of the area I found out the shower drain is leaking but I don't see how to access the area to fix it. I attached some pics maybe someone here already went to the pain of figuring out how to access and repair the shower drain.
Do I have to remove one of the body panels to access?

Thank you for the time and replies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210511_124009.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	327963   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210511_124037.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	391.4 KB
ID:	327964  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210511_124003.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	327965   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210511_123927.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	327966  

carlmpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2021, 11:56 AM   #2

So not familiar with your unit, but by the looks of the pictures that may be your access location, that is more room to work than my 04 Coachman had on the shower drain. Mine had a swivel nut attached to the drain body, that swivel portion had a crack and I had to replace the trap and everything to fix it. You may need a mirror or camera to determine if it is the shower drain body, the swivel adapter, or the nut on the trap that is leaking.
Leonandlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:00 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply, wow you have less access? I didn't think about the mirror idea to see where exactly is it leaking from, but even if I figure out we're is it leaking from, the access would be terrible.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:37 PM   #4

Mine has a 6x6 access from the side, but favoring the back of the wall so couldn’t see my drain directly. I had to use a mirror to figure out the leak and then everything had to be done with one hand since both arms couldn’t fit in back about 2’. It was miserable. Only other option was to pull the fridge on the other side and cut another hole there for access so someone else could reach in to hold parts. Below was the rear tire, so no access from there.

These weren’t designed to be worked on easily.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:39 PM   #5

Those gas lines are all flexible, for easier access just shut off the propane and disconnect them to get them out of the way while you diagnose and fix. Soap test after complete to make sure nothing is leaking.

Good luck with the repair, let us know what you find.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:02 PM   #6

In a home the most likely source of the leak is the seal between the drain and the inside of the tub. Since you can’t typically get to the bottom of the drain in your home the drain threads out. A drain tool is used to thread it out. Plumbers putty or a gasket replacing what was leaking and let it cure (putty).

Attachment 327999Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7973.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	328002
rssnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:45 AM   #7

Thanks for all the replies, I'll try the mirror idea plus removing the gas lines to see if I get access. I'll do it next Monday when I'm off from work since it looks like is going to be a long process. I'll keep you all posted.

Tags
allegro, leak, shower, tiffin