Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2019, 07:17 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Not true at all

Same as another post saying you don't see 450HP

Look at the mid range and you find both

I stand corrected...
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2019, 07:35 AM   #30

Hmmmm I know the one I rather work on.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:39 AM   #31

Have owned two dp's, both with side radiators. One with a 350 ISC and a single beam front end and one with a 400 ISL and ifs. I bought them because I liked the floor plans as did the DW. That they were both side radiators was just a coincidence. Having said that, I might lean toward a side radiator again, but it would not be a deal breaker.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #32

I would get the coach you want. There are millions of rear radiators running around the world. I am not saying they are the best or the worst, but it would not keep me from buying a coach I liked. My current is rear, and have had zero issues to date.
RunningHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #33

Buy what you can comfortably afford. If you are going to pay for all service it is lower for side radiator but not enough to justify cost.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Can I assume that Country Coach used a sde radiator on all of their coaches? What about Monaco? Did they do the same??
I am looking at a 2002 Monaco Diplomat. It has a rear radiator. The big tag axle Dynasty in the same year is a side blower. So it depends on the model line.
rodekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbob11 View Post
Buy what you can comfortably afford. If you are going to pay for all service it is lower for side radiator but not enough to justify cost.

Side radiator is obviously a better design, but since the slobber tube was eliminated many years ago cleaning the radiator is not the issue it once was. As stated above side radiator benefits simply do not justify $40k +/- increase in cost
dandandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
pros to side mounted rad: easier to work on engine, will not have to clean the rad fin out as much and the big one the rad fan has it own motor so will not take power from engine.

cons to side mounted: loose storage compartment, has an extra motor that could breakdown and the big one cost more
Old 05-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
pros to side mounted rad: easier to work on engine, will not have to clean the rad fin out as much and the big one the rad fan has it own motor so will not take power from engine.

cons to side mounted: loose storage compartment, has an extra motor that could breakdown and the big one cost more
Where do you think the power to run that fan motor comes from? Electric, hydraulic or belt drive, they all get their power from the engine. IMHO, the belt driving a jack shaft into a gearbox is the most efficient, but that big side fan gets its power from the engine one way or another.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radiator