Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2023, 06:01 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Silverleaf Heater Fault Message

2022 London Aire.

We are having a minor issue with our furnace heater (Oasis Chinook). Some mornings the front heater will only blow cold air in Oasis Only mode (see attached pic). There is a 'Heater Fault' message.

When I change the heater source to 'Heat Pump' then back to 'Oasis Only', the front furnace starts blowing hot air but the 'Heater Fault' message is still there.

When I power down the house with the master switch by the door then power back up, the 'Heater OK' message comes on for a moment then quickly goes back to 'Heater Fault'.

I’m stumped because I am getting furnace heat and hot water.

Any ideas on what the issue may be?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Heater Fault Message 2022-03-22.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	388634  
righellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2023, 07:32 AM   #2

Silverleaf Heater Fault Message

Check and see if the diesel burner is running. Yo can get hot water from electric, but the burner is really needed to get good heat.

If the burner is not running, clean/service the unit (has it been serviced lately?). If that does not get it running, give silverleaf a call to diagnose if something in the control system is not working

Oh … is your fuel tank more than 1/4 full?
Old 03-22-2023, 01:35 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Traveler View Post
Check and see if the diesel burner is running. Yo can get hot water from electric, but the burner is really needed to get good heat.

If the burner is not running, clean/service the unit (has it been serviced lately?). If that does not get it running, give silverleaf a call to diagnose if something in the control system is not working

Oh … is your fuel tank more than 1/4 full?
All that you mention are good. I'm running my furnace on electric and it works but I get the message. My next step is to call silverleaf.
righellis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater