Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2017, 05:18 AM   #1

Slide eletrical problem

I have a 2005 Monaco Camelot, the slide quit working, it's not the motor as I am able to use jumper cables from my car battery to get the slide to work, I have spark at the control panel switch in the cabinet, and I tried replacing the relays, anyone else that has had this issue or have any ideas what may be the problem?
Cheryl an Pat
CherylandPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2017, 08:08 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like low batteries. Have tried running the engine and deploying the slide? If that works, then it is time to have your house batteries load tested.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:15 PM   #3

If their Monaco is like mine, you can't run the slides with the engine running.
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have had problems with mine. It is either one of the basement doors open and the inhibitor switch prevents the door from opening, to solve I slam each of the doors under the slide. The other problem has been a blown fuse on the control board located in the passenger side rear electrical bay. I believe it is a 20 or 25 amp fuse.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:33 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
I have had problems with mine. It is either one of the basement doors open and the inhibitor switch prevents the door from opening, to solve I slam each of the doors under the slide. The other problem has been a blown fuse on the control board located in the passenger side rear electrical bay. I believe it is a 20 or 25 amp fuse.

Is the slide hydraulic or an electric motor? Do the other slides work?
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:54 AM   #6

slide problem

First, it is true the slides do not work if the engine is running. All my bay doors were closed tight.
The other slides all work. I am able to get partial voltage their but not full voltage. I know it's not the switch in the coach, not the relays. I will look at that back panel fuse and check that out.
Sure appreciate all the thoughts!
Old 03-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylandPat View Post
First, it is true the slides do not work if the engine is running. All my bay doors were closed tight.
The other slides all work. I am able to get partial voltage their but not full voltage. I know it's not the switch in the coach, not the relays. I will look at that back panel fuse and check that out.
Sure appreciate all the thoughts!
When you say you get partial voltage and not full voltage, what voltage do you get? How many volts? If your switch has a spark then why would you check the fuse? If you have a spark at the switch, you have a connection to the battery through the fuse. It sounds like a loose connection or weak batteries. Just not enough to get that slide moving. Let's quantify the voltage.
billdreamlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:06 PM   #8

slide problem

Off of one relay I have 13 volts, on the other relay I have 1/2 of that, my batteries are at full charge. I had already replaced both relays.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylandPat View Post
Off of one relay I have 13 volts, on the other relay I have 1/2 of that, my batteries are at full charge. I had already replaced both relays.
At half the voltage you are going nowhere. Something is wrong in the system. You should have 13v on one side of the relay and on the other(when the switch is thrown) you should have 13v. Check the connections to the relay in the back where it plugs into the socket. Until you have the proper voltage then you won't move the slide. Check all connections and make sure they are tight.
billdreamlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #10

slide electrical problem

well, its been awhile. We finally had a service person out that knows electrical. Has it narrowed down to control board for the slides, going to replace the control board and replace all the pins for the plug in there. They are the only things left. Everything else checked out after many hours of checking everything.( gotta work after that) This has been quite a stumper. Thanks for all your help. Appreciate it

Tags
slide