Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2018, 05:06 AM   #15

Couldn't ask for the answer to come from a more informed source.

Looks like I'll be picking up a floor jack as all I have currently is an ATV / Motorcycle jack for my Harley.

I'll be taking the measurements on Friday/ Saturday.

Glad to have come back to this forum.
I don't think I would ever have come across this product or information otherwise.
GrumpyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2018, 10:25 PM   #16

Contact with the company was made but they're busy at a rally so I have to wait.
It's been a week since my last e-mail hopefully I get something today.
They're (husband & wife) are at a rally, I know I'm only one customer so I wait.��

I'll be posting the experience from start to order (awaiting the chance) to install, to finished review, on here & other forums .
Online forums & Facebook so others know how hat to expect.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #17

The Guardian Plates arrived on Friday 8/10.
They'd been forecasting rain for the next 6-7 days but we got a bit of a break & I got started today.
The videos available for these plates focus on Monaco Coaches & so I wasn't sure how much difference there would be in the process.
I'm happy to say for a 2012 Georgetown the process is even simpler.
Notice I said simpler not easier.
Drilling all the holes & riveting over head was a pain though I did hit the gym prior to this so that didn't help.

Of course on par with the usual accuracy of our weather forecasters I'm typing this as I wait for a storm cell to finish doing its ghing.
I havevthd rear plate on & have removed the front corner bracket, scraped off the old caulk, cleaned the surfaces with acetone and cut the front plate to fit.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Grumpy

Nice job on the fix. I have to do the same although not at a corner, just where the screw heads that have backed out and have chewed up my slide floor bottom. Chris at Talin has a very nice product and has done a lot of R&D to get this fix correct.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #19

All done.
Chris said roller plates for the center rollers were said to not be needed at this time as there was no damage or wear showin.
(nice to get an honest opinion from someone who would benefit from selling me more)

If these perform as expected I'll order the roller plates anyway as a preventive step.

Before & After
Old 08-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #20

Nice! Just installed G-Plates on my BR slide. Did you remove your bottom slide seal or wasn't there one?
Mark and Anita - First Timers, West Tennessee. 2002 Monaco Diplomat 40ft, Cummins ISC330, Allison 3000, Amsoil Lubricants stem to stern, 2013 Ford Edge AWD TOAD with Roadmaster Falcon 2 and a Brakemaster
Md11fpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:31 PM   #21

Are you referring to the rubber tape under the bracket?
Yes, I removed that.
Since the adhesive is only as strong as the surface it adheres to I didn't want that surface to be some rubber tape.

It wasn't even attached in sections on the bottom.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:11 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Great job on the install. I try and explain to coach owners that out of the hundreds of plates that we have sold, the best install jobs have come from owners themselves.

I am glad you took my advice and did the install yourself. I knew you could do it. As we learned in the Marine Corps - Improvise - Adapt - Overcome.

Congrat's Marine.

Chris T
Chris T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:31 PM   #23

There was one question I had that wasn't covered in any video & since I did this on Sunday calling wasn't an option.
Given the 7 day cure time for the adhesive, after the plates are installed do you leave the slide out for the full cure time?

Not being sure I've left the slide out .

I also want to thank you & your company for offering this product.
I'm quite sure the dealership would have been happy to recommend a full floor replacement as an only option.

It's been 4 weeks since we've been out (the longest dry spell in 6yrs) so we're itching to get out on the road again !

Old 08-15-2018, 01:36 PM   #24
Commercial Member

I typically like the slide out but it can be left in. During that 7 day period I advise customers not to cycle the slide in and out numerous times. When I do the install here the customer brings the slide in to leave and then either leaves it in for 7 days or gets to their destination and puts it out and leaves it out.

I have seen dozens of customers get taken advantage of at dealers or service centers. They all had floors with rot that could have been fixed with plates but instead told them they needed a new floor. Some of these customers paid $ 4,000 up to $ 15,000. It flames me to no end.

I had a lot of floor rot on my coach and had the floor replaced. A year and a half later the floor started to rot again. That is when I designed the Guardian Plates. I was done having new floors installed.

Safe travels and enjoy,

Chris T
Chris T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
What size did you order .
Don
Old 08-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #26

I don't know a lot about these slide roller plates and the issues you have had without them but I found this product interesting and would buy it if I had a need. That said, you might all be interested to know that my new 2018 Thor slides came with metal slide roller plates, almost exactly like these, installed at the area of contact of each roller. Standard feature.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donlock View Post
What size did you order .
Don

RF1200

Raised Floor 12" wide.
Mine came 32" long & I trimmed them back to the 28.5" - 29" needed.
It varied from front to back so if you do install theses be sure not to assume that the front & back rollers (or end rollers) are positioned the same.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:53 PM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBiker View Post
RF1200

Raised Floor 12" wide.
Mine came 32" long & I trimmed them back to the 28.5" - 29" needed.
It varied from front to back so if you do install theses be sure not to assume that the front & back rollers (or end rollers) are positioned the same.
Tha;
Thanks Don

Tags
ace, air, floor, repair, replace, replacement, slide