Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2020, 10:24 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
I'm glad someone chimed in with the knowledge needed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2020, 01:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt46 View Post
Your pump is at the back of the passenger-side duellies. The hyd tank is there as well. You'll also find the relay held to the pump housing via a large screw clamp. A couple of fuses in weather protected rubber housings will be found above the manifold where the hydraulic lines attach. Your system is the 200 series. With all that said, it is based on how my 97 Adventurer 37rw is set-up. I've replaced my pump, tank, motor assembly and the label on the unit says AP 29281 S/N 42191.
Thank you for that. The fuses are still intact.

Any chance this is wired with the step and door open/close sensor? Someone else told me it might be. When I changed my step I got rid of the door sensor.
Wbago97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:05 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
No, it shouldn't be but it's a 97 and who knows what mods previous owners may have done. For sure it is tied into your braking system. The parking brake pedal must be engaged for anything to work.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:06 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt46 View Post
No, it shouldn't be but it's a 97 and who knows what mods previous owners may have done. For sure it is tied into your braking system. The parking brake pedal must be engaged for anything to work.
Control panel still works and I can hear the relay...motor just not starting.

Unfortunately that is correct about the step. I reconnected that door wire to simulate closure and it still didn't work.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I suggest you check/clean the Ground Lug and the ground wires attached to it. It gets pretty cruddy and might not be making a good connection. Send me an email address and I'll send you some pictures of the various components we are talking about.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:27 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Did you remove the battery leads or change the battery when you did the steps when you lose battery power you must reset the control box remove the panel front and unplug the connector and count to 10 replug and put the panel back on and you should be good to go.
Gordiegaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordiegaffer View Post
Did you remove the battery leads or change the battery when you did the steps when you lose battery power you must reset the control box remove the panel front and unplug the connector and count to 10 replug and put the panel back on and you should be good to go.
Well I have removed all the batteries before and it all worked, but I'll give that a shot. Thanks
Old 12-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #22

Just an update (and to let everyone know that I will post again when fixed):

I haven't had time to troubleshoot it myself yet, but I have repair guy coming tomorrow to help.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:45 PM   #23

So we applied power directly to the pump (from advice of azpete). It ran and then activated the slide and jacks. Repair guy thinks it's a bad solenoid.

Not sure how much went wrong with the electrical system because while troubleshooting all of this, the new step motor burnt out. Also have to replace fuel pump on generator which was another coincidence that it stopped working at the same time as the old step.

We'll re-connect everything one-by-one and go from there...
Old 12-07-2020, 07:05 PM   #24

Ask yourself, "What has changed since the HWH motor last ran?" Since you hear the HWH solenoid click, remove, clean and replace ground wire connections. The HWH system requires high-quality 12V power to work properly. Over 80% of all 12V issues are the result of a poor/missing ground.

HWH FAQ page
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 06:34 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Ask yourself, "What has changed since the HWH motor last ran?" Since you hear the HWH solenoid click, remove, clean and replace ground wire connections. The HWH system requires high-quality 12V power to work properly. Over 80% of all 12V issues are the result of a poor/missing ground.

HWH FAQ page
Thanks we'll be reconnecting everything one step at a time to ensure that.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #26

Been a while since I posted, and sadly, little progress. We used a starter solenoid to replace the pump relay. I'm getting power. The next step in troubleshooting tells me it's the 8600 wire.

Unfortunately, I'm also no longer hearing a click when I hit the switches. However, the pump still does run if I apply power directly.

Using a starter solenoid was based on the advice of the mechanic who was helping last time. I went ahead and ordered the part specified by HWH to see if that makes a difference.

Interestingly, when I jumped the wrong position of the solenoid while testing, the fuse that burnt out in the Ford chassis fusebox was labelled as being for the radio (5 amp).

The image is from email I sent to my mechanic. I'll also as azpete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solenoid test-corrected.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	312059  
Old 12-23-2020, 02:03 PM   #27

Had some success today. I put the old relay back in. Now the pump runs the whole time the control panel is on, but at least I am back to being able to control everything from the driver's seat. I'll just have to be careful not to leave the pump on too long.

This was basically the opposite case of before reconnecting all the step controls

but

I have a new relay coming and it will try it out, but if a new control board is what I really need, I probably won't go that route as long as this works.

If the current set-up stops working, I'd just try this:

https://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguid...veling-system/

Tags
leveling, slide