Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2017, 11:14 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Use mine for the FWS all the time!

Dave
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My Itasca has 2 slides, but only 1 slide lock, and it is just a nylon strap with an adjustable buckle and two metal ends that fit into small metal clips; one on the floor and one on the slide wall about a foot high; only on the main slide (nothing on the bedroom slide). I've never used it, for two reasons. One, I'm afraid that I will open the slide without remembering it's hooked up. And two, I don't know if the previous owner used it, as the floor mounted clip was not installed when I purchased. I did find it in one of the storage compartments. Makes me think that the previous owner forgot, and it got yanked out of the floor (can't tell since it would be mounted in the carpeted section).

Hmmm...
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #17

OK, now I see that I really need to use the locks. But one side quit working not long ago. Anyone have experience in getting them functioning? I have a 2011 Sunova 33c and They must be factory as he operation panel looks original. Help!!!
John
Sunova33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:21 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Our MH is old enough that the slide locks are metal bars you put on top of the slides when they are in. They currently live in the bottom of the bedroom closet...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:12 AM   #19

On our Bay Star, we always use the slide locks on the main slide which is a larger slide. The slide locks are easy to lock/unlock. The bedroom slide is a smaller one and the locks are harder to access. I don't use the rear lock because you have to crawl over the bed to get to the lock. I use the front lock all the time and the previous owner made a pole that makes it easier to set the locking mechanism.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
never have in 60,000 miles

don't even know what they are

Our RV's never came with them, consequently I've never used a slide lock.
Our MH has the HWH slide mechanism, it's virtually impossible for the slide to move out accidentally. Well, I suppose a hydraulic line can get cut by something-somehow.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:50 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobguigley View Post
...do any of you use them?
Everytime, I figured the manufacturer put them there for a reason. May have been just for liability reasons or just possibly something else. I paid for them, I'm going to use them.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:29 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Yep, it is very important to NEVER MOVE THE SLIDE WITH SLIDE LOCK INSTALLED...

So, since our slide drive has a keylock preventing accidental operation...
We placed the key on a ring that hangs on the slide lock. The key ONLY comes off the slide lock when the lock is removed.

Never a risk for forgetting to remove the slide lock
We have a piece of paper that must be flipped up to use the slide in/out button. However, I really like your “goof proof” idea of the key on the lock bar. Ours will be moved to that location soon. Thx!

Tags
slide