Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2020, 07:41 PM   #1

Slide Motor Replacement Number

I have the main slide motor out of my 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor to replace it. My part number is Power Gear 532049 but in any searches I do I cannot locate one with that exact number. Since it is 20 years old maybe the same motor has a different number now? Is there a cross reference somewhere that tells me the answer to that question?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2020, 08:09 PM   #2

I see a 532 094 in this pdf , but not 049

Can you double check the number .

EDIT ; BTW Lippert ( LCI ) has taken over Power Gear /Kwikee , have you been on their web page.?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Power Gear motor I.D..pdf (316.7 KB, 75 views)
Old 05-16-2020, 12:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
I see a 532 094 in this pdf , but not 049

Can you double check the number .

EDIT ; BTW Lippert ( LCI ) has taken over Power Gear /Kwikee , have you been on their web page.?
I did post the correct number that is on the motor. I did find one site that listed that number and it gave the number of 521769 for a heavy duty torque motor that is a fit. It is nearly a thousand dollars for that plus $80 shipping. It says they are out of that model anyway. I live in Alaska and many sites wont ship here and when they do they often charge outlandish shipping charges. I don't know if that site will have any in at a later time.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:38 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Have you inquired about having the motor rebuilt?
Old 05-16-2020, 06:36 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Back in 2012 while I was bringing in the slide I forgot to move a rug we had put down in front of the kitchen cabinets. The slide stopped dead in it's tracks and I could not find a blown fuse, ended up bringing it in manually. My wife was heading South, I was heading West back to work.

I contacted Veurinks in Michigan and they sourced a motor and had it shipped to my wifes first stop, a friends house. It cost ~$900. The husband put it on and we were good to go but I had him throw the old motor into the basement compartment.

Fast forward about 1 year I decided to take the old motor apart, could not find anything wrong with it so I cleaned it up, put it back together, and tested. It worked fine. My guess it the brushes weren't making good contact for it to work (almost like a starter motor dead spot).

You may try taking it apart, cleaning, and putting it back together. I've made this suggestion several times to other IRV2'ers and know at least one other person that got lucky.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:53 PM   #6

I'll check a local electric motor rebuild shop and see what they say. I had taken the rig for a couple of days outing for the first run of the season and after taking the slides out I started smelling a possible hot wire smell. I finally located the problem was the main slide motor was scorching hot in the basement. I of course disconnected the power to it and two days later before I was to manually crank it in I plugged it back in and it slowly was able to close ok.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Replaced the motor in my 2001 Monaco LaPalma a couple of years back. The old motor was upgraded to new number that fit but was bigger. They needed the number off the gear box to determine which one I needed. The motor and gear box had to be removed and separated to get to the number.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:20 AM   #8

I may have to go that route. All of the searches bring up the motor and gear box as a unit so I wasn't sure if you can even find just the motor. I am going to talk to a motor rewind place here in Anchorage this week and find out if they rewind this type of motor or not.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:26 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
AK, the guy at CSH is very helpful...and saved me much on a replacement slide motor. What I found was not an exact replacement, but I made it work for the savings of $600. Best of luck.

https://www.cshincorporated.com
Old 05-31-2020, 12:01 AM   #10

Slide motor replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcontender View Post
I have the main slide motor out of my 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor to replace it. My part number is Power Gear 532049 but in any searches I do I cannot locate one with that exact number. Since it is 20 years old maybe the same motor has a different number now? Is there a cross reference somewhere that tells me the answer to that question?
I was able to contact Lippert and get a cross reference number for my slide motor. They quoted me $1175 for the part plus shipping. Upon further searching I found Visone RV in Kentucky who had new motors for $975 and used ones for $550 with no shipping. I went with the used one since shipping a 12 pound part to Alaska is expensive. Many companies won't even ship items here. I installed the part and the slide works perfectly now. I just wanted to say that Visone was very prompt and sent my part the next day.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:08 AM   #11

My third son extended living room slide on our 2001 Monaco Diplomat and never looked back to see that slide switch got worn out and started to bind and got stuck in energized position.
About hour or so later i noticed that ceiling lights blinking in rhythmic manner. Asked my oldest son to see What is wrong.
Then we found out that slides relay clicking right after slide auto-reset breacker tripping , then opened storage compartment to get wrenches and noticed choking smell of burned wire varnish.
Then touched slide motor it is HOT and smelly.
Then went back into motorhome to find out that switch is still in outward position.

16 year old did not know anything or seen anything unusual or felt switch and he "did not do it".

looked online ,,, $259 for cheap (probably one time in and one time out) replacement and proper one for $973

Ended up opening motor and washing it with gasoline. Then went to local electric motor repair place and purchased 100feet of 19 gauge magnet wire. Original winding was 20 gauge. Plus nice insulation paper from those guys.

Disassembled armature , unwind-ed old burned windings , washed again , rewound with beefier wire ( had hard time to make it fit into slot ,,, should of listen motor repair guy and stick with original gauge ) , cleaned commutator segments with kitchen steel wool (was too lazy to go get sandpaper) . Greased up bushings , assembled === back to normal now.
Armature consist 10 windings( two sections of 5 windings in series) , 12 turns each.

65 or so feet of magnet wire.

Lost brake assembly bolts in process.

Saved me some $$$ and teach my kids how to survive in wilderness ( just joking , however maybe not).
Took us measly 12 hours ( from 11pm , through night , until 9 or 10am). Me , oldest son and third son ( the one that never checker switch that got stuck).

Hope NEVER again.
tatyanka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, slide