Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Slide out storage bay organization ideas

Hey all,

I am looking for a better way to organize the slide out trays in the storage bays of our 2009 Monaco Camelot. We are considering adding a TV but not sure on that yet. Would love to see pics of what you have done under your coach.

Thanks in advance.
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
After years of setting up the grill when I wanted to grill, lasy year when in the Keys, I set it up, fastened it down, and now to use it, slide the tray out, open the lid, fire it up! Storage under it now also........works wonderful, and wish I had taken the time years back to figure this out.......
Inside the door between the 2 that are open, is a TV on a articulating arm.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:20 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
15 Discovery

I opted for less STUFF. Less weight and things to care for. Easier to find what we got.
Haven't used it in last 3 months get it out. What stuff we do have is in plastic containers and boxes. Don't want trays due to loss of space and more weight. Also hung racks for cans. Long objects are hung on walls of baggage compartments. Heaviest weight forward for better ride and weight distribution.
Fiesta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:06 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
I opted for less STUFF. Less weight and things to care for. Easier to find what we got.
Haven't used it in last 3 months get it out. What stuff we do have is in plastic containers and boxes. Don't want trays due to loss of space and more weight. Also hung racks for cans. Long objects are hung on walls of baggage compartments. Heaviest weight forward for better ride and weight distribution.
Glad that works for you. When we upgraded we wanted full basement storage so we could take more "stuff". Sometimes we need golf clubs. Other times we need boogie boards. Sometimes both. We also wanted slide out trays for convenience as weight isn't a concern. Haven't regretted either decision. Just looking for ideas...
Old 06-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
After years of setting up the grill when I wanted to grill, lasy year when in the Keys, I set it up, fastened it down, and now to use it, slide the tray out, open the lid, fire it up! Storage under it now also........works wonderful, and wish I had taken the time years back to figure this out.......
Looks like it would smoke up the side of the MH!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #6

We have one slide out tray & love it, plastice bins are great, we also mounted a PVC tube with caps on both ends for poles etc... Works great. Just remember 1st items in are the items you don't need every time you camp
Cfyanes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Looks like it would smoke up the side of the MH!
If you take a look at the length of the slide out tray Joe......it is quite a ways out, the top of the grill is out past the door by 2' and I am going to guess, the tray is at least 4' out past the side of the Coach......
No problems so far..........Filet Mignon grilling and fresh caught Lobster steaming in the Keys.........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09287.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	130898  
Old 06-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #8

Save me some lobster, I'm on my way
Gilleshps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #9

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1466633167.300779.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	130899
Old 06-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Great topic ... I wish I had better answers for how we organize our basement storage as well. I'm certainly not satisfied with how we're approaching it now.

Currently - I try to keep "patio gear" in one passthru compartment and "garage stuff" in the other. The "patio gear" includes a folding rocker, a folding "directors" chair, 2 bag chairs (for guests), 8x20 patio mat, 5x9 patio mat, an 18" x 24" x 4" carpet covered wooden step/platform, a small folding "camp kitchen" table and a Weber Q2200 Grill. It all fits without a problem - BUT there's soo much wasted space!

The "garage stuff" in the other compartment has it's own issues. Early on - we picked up three decent sized totes. One contains all our "electrical" stuff - (2) 30' 50amp extension cords, 30<-> amp Dog bone, "in line" surge protector etc. One contains our "plumbing" stuff - (2) 25' freshwater hoses, a couple small adaptors/splitters, a 50' air hose, a length of coax cable for the occasional park that offers cable. One contains various fluids - a couple gallons of distilled water to keep the batteries topped off, a few quarters of oil, transmission fluid for the hydraulics, etc. Together the three sit perfectly on side by each on the slideout tray - BUT they're so tall they can't pass under the "raised rail" of the coach chassis that passed thru the middle of the coach preventing the slideout tray from be pulled out on the other side.

I've given some thought to removing the slideout tray from one of the two passthru compartments. My napkin top calculations suggest that the presence of the tray consumes more than 10 cubic feet of storage space. (48" x 96" x 4") / (12 x 12 x 12). 10 cubic feet is chunk of space - and would perhaps allow for easier access to "taller" items.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:02 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post

You are creative. I will have to think about the Coleman setup for our rig.

Where does the dedicated Lp Tank ride when traveling?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:37 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
You are creative. I will have to think about the Coleman setup for our rig.

Where does the dedicated Lp Tank ride when traveling?
Right where you see it in the photo Dean..........20# tank.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxn View Post
Hey all,

I am looking for a better way to organize the slide out trays in the storage bays of our 2009 Monaco Camelot. We are considering adding a TV but not sure on that yet. Would love to see pics of what you have done under your coach.

Thanks in advance.
relaxn,
Organising compartments, is what I used to do in fire trucks as an overtime assignment for about 24 of my 30 years. It's carried over into our Rv world. While you did ask for "tray" organization, here's a few pics of our compartments and items I (we) feel are a necessity, from time to time. A sliding tray can also have structural organization, depending on the size and shape of items to be carried. Racks, shelves, bridges etc. can be constructed so that you don't have to unload the world, just to get at one particular item.

Some stuff can't be mounted or hung, as you see in my pics but, others can. Some just needs a box. i have one box that carries all the little stuff. The rest of what you see, has a specific place. I know exactly where everything is in that entire coach. I don't like spending hours looking through boxes/bins etc. for something that I know I have which, makes a 5-10 job, turn into an hour.

So, take a look and see if any of this appeals to you.
Scott

Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:20 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Great ideas! Thanks for the great pics!

Tags
slide, slide out, storage