Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2014, 08:29 AM   #1

Slide Out Stuck

The living room slide on my 2002 Travel Supreme MH is stuck in the almost full open position. It has two cantilevered rails with holes in the bottom to accept the motor driven sprockets that move the unit. The rear sprocket chatters when trying to move the unit in. This is a flush floor slide so the floor must rise as the unit starts to close. It cannot get over the hump now.

I am going to see if I can get enough guys to help push the slide in. I cannot release the linkage from the motor as it has pressure on the pins that would have to be pulled.

Any suggestions?
AccessMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #2

Since it is partially out try and take it on out. There may be something obstructing the inward movement that you could see when extended all the way out. Check on the inside floor and underneath as it goes in the unit.
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #3

On my Travel Supreme you can use a bar in a hole located near the end of the output shaft to take the pressure off the pins, then pull them. I was able to push the slide all the way in from outside by myself. If the slide transmission has somehow lost the engagement with the holes in the bar, this could get real tricky! I'd look for a bent mounting bracket. All that was wrong with mine was a blown fuse. Good luck! JB
pivotdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #4

Update

The motor would chatter when trying to bring the slide in. I had to remove the pins from each side of the motor output shaft by driving them out since they were under pressure from the slide refusing to go completely out. Then with the help of some friendly campers they pushed the slide while I put a wrench on each of the shafts and turned. I then reinserted the pins so that the motor would hold the slide in place. This was no easy task. I do not think I could have done it without help, but I did have a small wrench.

Sounds like I need a new gear box from KMG. Not sure yet whether it comes without the motor. At least we have been able to move on to our next destination.

Hopefully I can get the needed parts in Memphis, TN. I am also getting two large Cresent wrenches.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #5

Problem resolved. As usual I have issues that are extremely rare. The tech support at KMG agreed that it sounds like I have a broken tooth but for it to only chatter in one direction ... no explanation. Solution is to replace the slide out motor assembly. Since Travel Supreme is no longer a source they will sell direct. $388.20 my cost plus shipping. Contact
Klauber Machine & Gear Co.
1101 Geartech Parkway
Pacific, MO 63069
636-257-3002
636-257-3005
sales@klaubergear.com
www.klaubergear.com
I swapped the bedroom slide motor with the living room slide motor. Got the living room going as it should. I have to help the bedroom slide in one direction, but I can live with that for now.

Tags
slide, slide out