Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2017, 08:02 PM   #1

Slideout problem

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice that may help a slide issue I'm having. I have a 2014 Thor Windsport 34F with 7,000 miles, and have a full body slide that only wants to work at the rear motor. I've had no issues to this point but on my way to Fla. my wife needed something that required me to open the slide, and I only opened it partially and then closed it. The next day we parked and leveled but when I went to open the slide it only wanted to move at the rear. Do you think this could be from the partial opening of the slide? Could something need reset or something? Thanks
Chiropoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #2

I don't know if you have the Schwintek slide system, but if it is this may help.
My understanding is you never stop part way out or part way in, must go all the way out or in.

2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:39 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks like this is a Schwintek Tripple Track system.

Found this article indicating a lot of people are having problems.
Thor slidout problems

Find the control box and check for error codes.

I extend my bedroom slides part way all the time when loading.
But I always hold the button for the extra 2-3 seconds when at the end of the travel so I always re sync the motors.

Sounds like you have a dead or disconected motor....not a sync problem.
A sync problem is when the box does not extend equally on both ends.

Regards,

Dan
Old 01-06-2017, 09:14 AM   #4

Thanks guys for the responses, I will keep checking for more, but these were very helpful. Thanks again !!!!
Chiropoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
my Daybreak had the Swintek system on my rear slide. One of the motors failed (thankfully under warranty). It caused one side of the slide to go in, but not the other. also could be a wiring problem where one of the motors (one front, one rear) isn't getting power.
gman69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout, slideout problem