Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2019, 05:06 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
Hopefully you are asking about a residential and I guess it depends on who made the slide mechanism. Agree a NoCold 1200 in a slide can be even more of a problem...no thermal siphoning. Our "new" rig has the refer in the slide and while I've only owned a year and I was not worried about the extra weight, Monaco used a robust mechanism, so we have not had any problems. With the refer moving it makes possible a large pantry that you have to move the slide partway out to open so you learn to not put the cereal in there when traveling.

The improvement in the handling with a tag is well worth it and once you've owned you will not settle for anything else. I made sure this rig had the TRW steering gear box which I had to adjust as there was 2" of slop for the first 200 miles. Took 4 minutes to fix.

If you are still in Fla, there is a overpriced 08 Navigator in LaBelle. I paind $165K a year ago with the same miles.
2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45Quad Slide
Thanks for the tip on the 08 Ramble...little rich for my blood @ $24X,XXX
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2019, 05:09 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
lot's of good info about the ventilating of the propane/electric refers! never crossed my mind.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #17

I have a Norcold 1200 in my full-wall slide. It works fine. 2010 Winnebago Journey. Power Gear slide mechanism.
Carlos Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #18

American Coach Owners Club
2008 American Eagle. It originally had a 4 door Nocold in the FWS. 25 months ago replaced fridge with a Samsung RF18 residential unit. To date no problems with slide or fridge.

The residential fridge uses less power, and stays colder.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, slide