Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Sliding Door Broke, Need Advice

I have a 2006 Tiffin Allegro Bay and during our last trip, the sliding door between the bedroom and bathroom area decided to break. I am not sure how to best describe the failure, but basically the part on the top of the door that holds the sliders/wheels disconnected from the shell of the door, so the door is just hanging down. Everything works when I hold the door body in place, but it appears the staple that was holding the door in place broke loose.

My question is how to best resecure the body of the door to the upper slide portion of the door. My original thoughts were to just use a drill and a screw, but I am not sure that is the best approach with the really thin door body laminate and the fiber board construction of the slide. I would use a small finishing nail, but am concerned about splitting the laminate...not much real estate to work with in regards to the slide...I estimate about an inch.

Thoughts on the best process to re-attach the door body to the slide?

Thanks...Justen
TxRVMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
My first impulse is to glue it. I think you are right in that there is not much material there to hold and I would expect that it was glued orginally. An epoxy would work but even yellow glue would hold - be sure to clamp it while it is drying and I would take it down to work on it
Mike D
Old 10-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I also have had a problem with my sliding door in the same location. If your door is like mine it is held to the door track rollers with a white plastic peice that locks the door hardware to the track rollers. It sounds like your door might have come loose from travel vibration. See if the door can be lifted up and then the plastic peice can be turn to hold door to rollers. Hope this info helps.

Tags
door