Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2021, 11:19 PM   #1

Small Laser Printer

Hey folks I am looking for a small laser printer that prints via wireless, Bluetooth and cable. It needs to be able to handle print jobs from an iPhone or iPad as well.

I am not looking for color just black and white and a laser printer. I think the way you handle scanning is to take a picture of the document with your phone and then print it out.

What do you folks recommend?

TIA
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 11:38 PM   #2
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
Hey folks I am looking for a small laser printer that prints via wireless, Bluetooth and cable. It needs to be able to handle print jobs from an iPhone or iPad as well.

I am not looking for color just black and white and a laser printer. I think the way you handle scanning is to take a picture of the document with your phone and then print it out.

TIA
I have an HP MFP M28w printer/scanner/copier that is small & has worked out quite well over the last year.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:02 AM   #3

Quote:

TIA
I have had a Samsung Xpress C430W for about 7 years. I replaced a similar Samsung unit. When the time comes I will likely buy another Samsung.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-C430W.../dp/B0196HHDV6
rlc1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 01:33 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

TIA
Here's the laser printer I have in our coach, https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp...o-m15w-printer It's currently the smallest mono laser printer on the market and meets all of your criteria.

I have this scanner when a photo of a document won't work https://www.irislink.com/EN-US/c2071...x-scanner.aspx
Old 07-30-2021, 02:06 PM   #5

You want a really small portable scanner? (I am not real pleased with the pictures I have seen used in place of a scanner.)

https://www.amazon.com/VuPoint-Solut.../dp/B004EFXW6Q
Old 07-31-2021, 09:53 AM   #6

We have a Brother HL-L2350DW. It is the smallest printer we could find that holds the paper inside the unit in a drawer and not on a manual paper feed tray. It has all of the features that you want and it does double sided printing also.
We’ve had the unit for some time with no issues at all and it receives very good ratings.
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 11:17 AM   #7

How bout this one. I am looking myself
And it uses toner which I prefer over ink that dries up

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/brother...?skuId=6130102
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 12:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnvrvin View Post
How bout this one. I am looking myself
And it uses toner which I prefer over ink that dries up

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/brother...?skuId=6130102
Thanks GNVRVIN & clhjsh. Yes, I've been looking at Brother printers over HP's for some reason. So clhjsh, you've had it for sometime now and no issues?

I don't see us printing a ton of stuff, so I want an easy setup, short turn on time, and decent printing speeds, as well as all the other stuff I mentioned.

I wish we had our network setup and working, but where we're parked we have very little internet and its useless to set things up. Hmm, I just realized I should verify that this Brother or any of the other recommendations (Thanks all you other folks!) can be plugged into my laptop.

I keep looking at this HP one (Here), Anyone check this one out?

So funny, I do like to research stuff, but I am really struggling to pull the trigger on a printer....crazy.

One last question, all you folks that have only B&W printers, do you ever wish you had an color inkjet just for those one or two times you wanted to print color? We have our 1st grandchild so I feel like printing out EVERY picture of her that comes my way, but once our old Cannon Inkjet stopped, I've been using Walgreens for color prints and that seems to work out pretty well.

Thanks again folks!
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 01:35 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I have been using a Samsung M2070W laser printer for several years and have been very happy with it. It's small, very fast, wireless, and low cost per copy.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 01:48 PM   #10

M28 here too. Been great. Had to buy an aftermarket scanner driver to make the scanner work. Hp is not capable. It also splattered my bluetooth in my old lg5 phone and I had to upgrade the android version to get that back.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:10 PM   #11

HP M 28 as well. Around 130.@ Walmart. Laser cartridges a little pricey.
Fits nicely in overhead cabinet
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:33 AM   #12

We use the HP Deskjet 3755. Under $100.small and portable.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:46 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
One last question, all you folks that have only B&W printers, do you ever wish you had an color inkjet just for those one or two times you wanted to print color? We have our 1st grandchild so I feel like printing out EVERY picture of her that comes my way, but once our old Cannon Inkjet stopped, I've been using Walgreens for color prints and that seems to work out pretty well.
I don't use color often but there are frequently things like maps which have to be color to see the specific routes a tram or bus may take. Some things just don't work in B&W. At my shop I have a B&W Laser printer but when color is needed I just walk to the house. Not an option when on the road.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:35 PM   #14

I also have the Brother HL-L2350DW in the coach and a Brother HL-L2360DW at home. Both are connected via WiFi. Most of my printing is from a Windows 10 PC, but I have printed from my Android phone and tablets. I am happy with both of them. All I use my color inkjet printer for now is scanning. I don't miss buying ink cartridges all the time.

Most of my "print" jobs are done to PDF via PrimoPDF nowadays. PDF's can be sent to my phone and taken with me if desired. It saves a few trees! Easier to search my print folder than my file cabinet with hard copies.