Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2015, 10:04 PM   #1

Smart wheel wipers stop working

Coming home from our trip the wipers quit working. The hi/low will not work. The wipers work when I push the washer and the intermittent buttons. I ordered the cruise and wiper controls for my smart wheel. I ground the grey wire coming from the wiper switch on the smart wheel and the hi/low work. I hope it is not the module smart wheel master controller. I did locate the master controller under my dash on the driver side just above the floor and all the way to the left next to the wall.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #2

Replaced the controls on the steering column. That fixed part of the problem. After more trouble shooting found the ground on the wipers was not working properly. Took the cover off the electrical connection and found the ground was not making contact. Bent the four connectors out, cleaned the old grease and replaced it with bulb grease. Replaced the cover and everything now works.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #3

Atta boy, that probably saved you at least half a coach buck. Electrical drives me crazy.... And don't have far to go anyway!
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm having the same problem. Can you explain how you grounded the hi-lo switch?
I have the SM211 controller. At first it was only that button. Now the entire pod quit working and my horn stays on when depressed.
Thanks
Ed Medders
2009 HR Imperial Bali
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:43 PM   #5

I also have the 211 controller. I removed the electrical cover and removed all the grease and replaced it with axle grease. When I put the cover back on and went to put the screw with the ground wire back on there was no spark. I went to the controller and disconnected all the plugs. I started reconnecting the plugs starting with J2. I then took the screw out of the ground wire on the wiper motor itself. I then went to put the screw back in and the ground wire sparked. The wipers have worked ever since. As for the horn I cannot help you. The center piece on my smart where just pulls off. You might have a ground wire making contact with something under your center. If yours is like mine when you pull it off be careful because the wire is short for the horn.