Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2020, 05:37 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaguy View Post
What am I missing here? If you put a couple of screw eyes or two in your wood blocks you could move them wherever you need them under your rig with a boat hook or some sort of extension pole.
Agree. I made pads out of some scrap white closet shelving I had in the shop. I glued 2 squares 12’ x 12’ together, painted the edges to seal them, screwed a large handle on one side of them so they are easy to carry around and easily slide them into position under the MH with an awning hook rod. Easy to pull out with the same process. No need to get down on my knees at all.

The additional benefit is that when one side or end is low, i can put more pads under that jack and fewer if any under the high side, thus less chance of not having enough jack travel to properly level. Been doing this five years now with no problems or deterioration of the pads.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2020, 03:30 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We love ours. After a week one came partially off due to the pad rubbing part of the undercarriage. I used a coping saw to cut a notch in the pad and it has never come off again. It's been over a year now of full-time rving. It adds an errand nch to height and we still need wood to get level sometimes but not as often as before.

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:35 PM   #31

Spartan Chassis
Before you purchase snap pads make sure you have clearance between the snap pad and the front tires with the steering wheel at the full turn. At full right turn the right snap pad would contact the sidewall of the tire on my coach. However, no problem to left!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:35 PM   #32

I put a set on my new RV last year and the have been great.

They do what they claim and I have had no problems with mine.

I do not recall them being particularly expensive, I believe they were under $150 shipped for a 6 pack.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:40 PM   #33

I have been looking at these. I have only used my wood blocks once in the last three years. I have a screen door handle on them and I use a firepit poker with them. But that one time made me look at the snap pads. It was raining the morning we were leaving and I had to go out and get on my knees in the mud to drag these out and then put them up wet and muddy in my compartments. I thought about leaving them at that point. My wife did not appreciate the mud I tracked into the motorhome that I had on my pants either.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:03 PM   #34

Loved Them

Had them on my Class C Coachman Concord. Never had to mess with extra boards under jacks. Some stops Like Cabella’s dont want jacks down without protection. Plus if raining or muddy, your not messing with trying to put boards down.
Gforceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:12 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Like any accessory that owners buy SNAP PADS are very convenient period. 100% made in the USA with recycled materials. After spending a couple hundred thousand on the RV what’s another $200? I don’t need to travel with a lumber yard now!
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:15 PM   #36

Snap on or not use Rubber pads

Although we presently do not have snap on pads we forever more will use rubber pads under our stabilizers/levelers. Last year while staying in a RV park a storm caused lightning and either destroyed or damaged every RV around except ours. They only difference we had rubber pads under the levels. We were grounded and no one else was therefore they sub stained significant damage. Even if you can’t afford snap-ons buy the rubber horse stall pad at Tractor Supply store, cut it in 12x12 inch and use them.
J Self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:37 PM   #37

Had snap pads on my 2004 Itasca Meridian for several years and like them. Still sometimes need wood, but MUCH less frequently.

I was at HWH for service and the tech assured me that HWH discouraged their use. Had trouble getting exactly why. Suspect it had to do with slowing the retraction. I have left mine on.

Alex
AlexP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:47 PM   #38

I use light weight, treated 2x10s cut to 10" & apply a 2x4 truss plate nail across the center of each piece where they would split. They still split, but they stay together & still work perfectly after 4 years of fulltime use. Tiny expense & very little weight, 2lb each.
freestyle_freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Self View Post
Although we presently do not have snap on pads we forever more will use rubber pads under our stabilizers/levelers. Last year while staying in a RV park a storm caused lightning and either destroyed or damaged every RV around except ours. They only difference we had rubber pads under the levels. We were grounded and no one else was therefore they sub stained significant damage. Even if you can’t afford snap-ons buy the rubber horse stall pad at Tractor Supply store, cut it in 12x12 inch and use them.
Huh?
Sounds like you were the only one that was not grounded... assuming that a metal jack might provide earth ground to the chassis. Even that is iffy unless the ground is wet, I am pretty sure.
If you were in a hook up site with shore power, you would have an earth ground there as well.

Possibly the lack of earth ground protected your unit?
GordSClemnte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 05:14 PM   #40

WHAT is a snap pad ????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
My coach is a new to us 2004 (we are very experienced Rv'ers) but we have never had Snap-Pads... Are they worth it?
Thanks LeeB
-----------------------------------------
Tell us what a snap pad is or show is a photo ???????????????
Geo19Irv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 05:32 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo19Irv View Post
-----------------------------------------
Tell us what a snap pad is or show is a photo ???????????????
Google is an endless source of information, https://rvsnappad.com
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 05:34 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Self View Post
We were grounded

You were not grounded. You were insulated from the ground.
Newps is offline   Reply With Quote