Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2018, 10:28 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
There are really several tiers of Motorhomes. At the top you have the Newells, Foretravels, and Prevost conversions. These are million dollar coaches and up. I looked at the Foretravel and they are a beautiful and impressive coach.

Next you have the mid-level luxury coaches. Here you would have the Entegra, Newman, Tiffin, and American group. I would put Winnebago in this same group but at the end of it. Then you go to the more entry level coaches with Forest River, Thor, and Coachmen in that order.

It all depends on what you like and what you have to spend.
So you have a top 4 or you don't?
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightUR View Post
So you have a top 4 or you don't?
In what I can afford, yes I do. That would be Entegra, Newmar, American, and Tiffin. Those in the top tier are way beyond my pay grade so I don’t consider them in my top list just because those brands are beyond my resources.

I don’t think I would ignore Entegra because of Thor. Thor has owned Air Stream for a number of years and that is still arguably the top end tow behind on the market. From what I have seen, the quality of Entegra has actually improved since Thor took over and I have been tire kicking for more than just a year or two.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Didn't see one post on Nationals, although they went out of business they did make a great MH. One thing about them is the owners seem to keep them since you don't often see them sitting at a lot for sale. I've had mine for 14 years and we have looked at other mh's but can't find one that matches the closet space (2 large) and cabinet space.

National, Country Coach, Newmar and Holiday Rambler.

Our next MH will be a custom made Prevost when we win the lottery.

Is there any other coach that has two huge closets??
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #18

RV snobbery seems to be as bad as Lamborghini vs Ferrari etc

Many haven’t owned all the different brands however dislike a certain make for no reason exect for what they read on the internet.

Bigggest reason why I prefer a certain brand is the manufacturer is 2.5 hours away so service is easier if needed.

Walked through all of the brands listed in this thread and some from a floor plan/layout standpoint not a fan
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Diesel or gas?

Looks like a diesel question. I'm out...

...leaving in my 05 Holiday Rambler GAS class A, which was the best GAS powered class A ever made.

We looked at new ones recently. Surprised at the low quality materials, fit and finish, lack of quality control, etc. We'll stick with the 05 for awhile.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
In what I can afford, yes I do. That would be Entegra, Newmar, American, and Tiffin. Those in the top tier are way beyond my pay grade so I don’t consider them in my top list just because those brands are beyond my resources.

I don’t think I would ignore Entegra because of Thor. Thor has owned Air Stream for a number of years and that is still arguably the top end tow behind on the market. From what I have seen, the quality of Entegra has actually improved since Thor took over and I have been tire kicking for more than just a year or two.
Good to know, I think I'll look more closely at Entegra then. I appreciate Airstream, I'm just not into travel trailers right now.
You know I looked at the Thor Venitian last yr. Beautiful bus, but when I looked at the closet space I was Sooo disappointed. Glitz and glamour but no practicality. So when it came to storage I had to go with Newmar.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC25T View Post
RV snobbery seems to be as bad as Lamborghini vs Ferrari etc

Many haven’t owned all the different brands however dislike a certain make for no reason exect for what they read on the internet.

Bigggest reason why I prefer a certain brand is the manufacturer is 2.5 hours away so service is easier if needed.

Walked through all of the brands listed in this thread and some from a floor plan/layout standpoint not a fan
sooo, you just come on here through pie in peoples face because of their choices and voice your so to say disgust. Why not just list your 4 choices and be done with it?
Old 05-12-2018, 06:01 PM   #22

Newmar, Tiffen, American Couch, Entegra.
beartoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #23
Community Moderator

interesting in reading all of the comments/lists.

i have never driven any brands other than country coach and monaco. i jumped on country coach. after 6 years of ownership, i am still impressed with its quality and design... should a day ever come, i'd still get another country coach maybe just newer.

because lack of comparison i'll skip the list. good luck with your finding!
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Tiffin
Entegra
Newmar
American Coach
Old 05-12-2018, 10:59 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightUR View Post
sooo, you just come on here through pie in peoples face because of their choices and voice your so to say disgust. Why not just list your 4 choices and be done with it?
Simply because I haven’t owned numerous different brands of similar age, vintage and quality to create a opinion that I feel would be beneficial to anyone.

I went to check out a American coach American eagle last week however work held me up and it was gone before I could make the trip. Also considering their revolution LE.
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:41 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tiffin
Newmar
Entegra
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #27
4x4

Newmar Owners Club
Depends....
The OP did not say to keep Foretravel out so if that was allowed it would be #1.
If coaches that are no longer manufactured were allowed I would have to include Country Coach as either #1 or #2 choice, of course not including the Foretravel.

But out of current coaches (not including Foretravel) in order are:

Newmar
Tiffin
Entegra (a fan of build quality but not layouts or material colors)
American Coach
4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:04 PM   #28

I'm going to throw my vote for what I have. The Western RV Alpine Coach definitely ranks Top 4 for us.

I also like the newer Newmars and Entegras. Tiffin would close out my Top 4 in the "reasonable" line of coaches.

I would love a Prevost conversion, but I'd also love a bank account that would even allow me to look at one seriously.

Tags
class a, motorhome, motorhomes