Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2015, 08:59 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to rccrafters69
Some Advice for Selling Motorhome

What site/sites are the best for advertizing?We are in Cleveland area.
rccrafters69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2015, 09:36 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've been searching to buy and use Craigslist and RV Trader, if that helps.
ga80486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:41 AM   #3
RV LIFE Support Team

We just sold our MDT and trailer. Craigs list(several locations) and Ebay worked great. RVtrader attracted all sorts of dealers plus you have to pay to list on RV trader.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:30 PM   #4

rvonline ? Lots of listings separated by length of MH.
RIDER FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #5

Which ever one or two you use, put up LOTS of good pics after you clean your stuff out. When we were on the hunt for a coach, I can't tell you how many ads we saw with horrible pics...out of focus, uneven, pics of clutter, dirty windows... etc.
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:56 PM   #6
vod

We sold our Class C and our last TT via Craigslist. Worked great for us. We stored both at a secured off site location so it was nice not to have people come to our home to see them. Good Luck to you!!
vod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Which ever one or two you use, put up LOTS of good pics after you clean your stuff out. When we were on the hunt for a coach, I can't tell you how many ads we saw with horrible pics...out of focus, uneven, pics of clutter, dirty windows... etc.
GREAT ADVICE! If I cant see it clearly or if the table is coverd in your "stuff", there are dirty clothes on the floor and bed and a folded walker & dirty dishes in the kitchen I'm probably going to pass you by.

LIST your tire and battery dates too. (Photos of the DOT date on the tire helps.)

Dont skimp on the pics. Yes, we WANT to see in the bays and the propane tank and the slides in & out and the reefer, and the stove and the generator and the wet bay etc etc etc. Pull out empty drawers so we have an idea of how much storage space in kitchen & bedroom.

Speaking only for me, if you have customized it to your specific tastes, ie painting, tile, furniture, bathroom decor etc, realize that some buyers, me included, may not look on that as a plus but a negative "Oh gosh... I've got to spend $500 re-doing the drapes" etc.

Best of Luck
EMDF9A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:34 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dittos to what EMDF9A said.
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Or even worse, the adds I see of 5 year old units showing the photo they took when it was brand new. Makes you wonder how bad it really is.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:10 AM   #10

Also, take the time to completely detail the unit. Shampoo the carpets, clean the cabinets, vacuum out the bays, etc. Make it look "very well taken care of". If it looks nice, the potential buyer feels better about the deal. Take a pressure washer to the engine bay and wheel wells. Replace little things like wiper blades, floor mats, etc. I even installed new batteries and bought a complete "RV kit" with new sewer hose, water hose, gloves, and converter plugs. All the above was less than $200 and made it "new". Mine sold in a couple weeks for asking price.

and yes, take a LOT of nice, clear pictures. Even if you don't think "that view" is important. You can also list the pictures using HTML and make them very large. It's not tough.. search the net for "how to" if you don't know how to do it.
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We sold our last MH on RVTRADER two weeks after listing it, but that was April and not August. We took the time to clean and stage the pictures to really highlight the MH and what we did to improve it. We also listed it here (under Classifieds) and on Craigslist, but didn't get any hits.

As mentioned elsewhere, most important is lots of good pictures and a good description of the unit (cut and paste from the manufacturer's brochure if necessary).

Good luck on your sale!
Old 08-20-2015, 08:12 PM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to rccrafters69
One hour after listing on rvtrader I got a lead. They are coming tomorrow from West Virginia. No others except cons and dealers. I believe it is sold. Nothing from Craigs list or this site.
rccrafters69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #13
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Include a copy of the Build-Sheet. Describe and show closeup pictures of any defects.
Good Luck!
Old 08-20-2015, 08:58 PM   #14

I'm looking for a MH right now and am watching RV Trader and PPL. Frankly, I don't trust eBay and Craigslist. Besides lots pictures, list information about things like - been smoked in? pets? any leaks current or past? original owner? covered storage? maintenance records available? age of tires and batteries? hours on generator? I will still pay for an inspection. But if I'm going to drive a couple hundred miles to possibly purchase it, I don't want to get there and find any surprises. You need to convince me it's been well taken care of and nothing is being hidden.
Micah.TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, motorhome