Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #1

South Florida Support

Good morning. I’m going to add a second ac to my Class a along with some other basic custom stuff. Does anyone have any contacts for reputable shops or mobile rv service in South Florida. Since this is not warranty stuff, its coming out of pocket and I’d hate to travel for hours to get the work done.
Thanks a ton in advance.
Superrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2019, 07:07 PM   #2

Coastal Campers
I live in Miami and I know of none. I would love to hear replies?
kenkolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #3

I found an excellent Mobile RV Tech last January in Wesley Chapel, Florida.
Sorry, I can not find his card.
Call Quial Run RV Park, Wesley Chaple and ask for his name.
I am sure they will know exactly who it is.
After General RV Ocala spent 5 hours on my RV and not finding the problem I called this tech.
I watched him go through a series of checks and he traced, and repaired the problem within 45 minutes!
If not mistaken, his rate was $85 or $95/ hour versus General's $149.
By the way, General tore up my invoice.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Live in the Keys and watching as well.

Just thinking about the complexity of adding a second AC:

- Cutting through the roof in an area that has enough existing structural support and making sure the install does not leak
- Running the wiring and ensuring that the coach has enough extra electrical capacity to run a second AC in tandem with the original AC along with other electrical draws. Hopefully the coach is already wired for 50 amps with a energy monitoring system to shut down loads (frig, water heater, etc) when those compressors are starting up. I don't think 30 amps can handle it.
- Will existing generator handle additional AC load?

This guy on YouTube has a unique approach by using his existing vent hole and running a whole separate plug to feed the 2nd AC outside of the RV wiring.

https://youtu.be/G_BlVOSQAZY

Good luck and keep us posted on how you make out!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #5

I spent 3 months in Miami Everglades RV Resort last winter.

Some of the others staying there had a lot of good reviews of one particular mobile guy.

I don't know his name but a call to the front desk or a look on their Facebook page may help find them.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:45 AM   #6

Not quite south Florida, but Alliance RV in Wildwood does a good job. They have done a lot of work on our coach and are always fair and reasonable. They also have a campground and you can stay onsite while the work is being done.
Jimymc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida