Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Space Heater recommendations?

Looking for some recommendations for space heater. Have a Jayco Precept 31ul. Thinking about getting one to save on LP. Thanks
edfgrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2016, 04:40 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
We use a ceramic heater with 2 heat and 2 fan speeds. Very compact, stores easily when not in use.

Make sure what ever you buy has a safety switch if it is knocked over or blocked. It's not a good idea to plug any heater into a GFI outlet, they tend to burn them out. Also be aware, if your RV furnace provides heat in your wet bay, you don't want to eliminate the furnace, just reduce it's need to run so often. We keep a wireless thermometer in the wet bay to monitor temperatures.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #3

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1481760496.371041.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	146732
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfgrf View Post
Looking for some recommendations for space heater. Have a Jayco Precept 31ul. Thinking about getting one to save on LP. Thanks
Saving LP is a great idea.

When we are plugged in we use as little LP as possible. We have 2 ceramic heaters, one elect hot plate, crock pot, run fridge on elect and hot water heater plus use heat pumps as needed.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
+1. I like my oil-filled radiator best. Silent compared to the heaters with fans.
cwsqbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:39 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We really like our Lakewood low profile oil filled electric heaters. We have 2 of them and use one at each end of our motorhome. With no fan, they are quiet and very efficient. They have 2 settings, either 900 watts or 1500 watts. We set them at 900 watts the first time we used them and they work so well we've never tried the 1500 watt settings.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
We really like our Lakewood low profile oil filled electric heaters. We have 2 of them and use one at each end of our motorhome. With no fan, they are quiet and very efficient. They have 2 settings, either 900 watts or 1500 watts. We set them at 900 watts the first time we used them and they work so well we've never tried the 1500 watt settings.

You might want to check and see if the ones you have are the ones with the recall notice.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/1999/CP...ctric-Heaters-
spyderRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:52 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the heads up on the recall. I wasn't aware there had ever been a recall and our heaters are in our RV which is in storage right now so I'll have to wait and check this out when we get it out of storage. I'm thinking we are probably ok since we bought our heaters from a big box store about 10 years after this recall, but I've printed out the info and will add it to my to do list for getting our RV ready in the spring. I sure hope they are ok because they really do work great for our RV. I do have the owners information sheet that came with the heaters on file and I just looked and noticed the model number of our heaters is 750 and the recall is for model number 7400. So hopefully that indicates we are ok.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:41 AM   #9

I have 2 oil filled heater, one is a Delonghi brand with a pair of switches for low, med, and high (1 switch on is low, other switch on is med, and both on is high) which works fairly good, the other is identical to the one in the above photo, which seems to work ok on low and medium, but always smells like plastic is getting hot if set to high.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:38 AM   #10

I use a Vornado VH2 Whole Room Heater and I love it. It is safe, non hot to touch, effective, easy to store and very very very quiet. And mine is Made In The USA!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vornado Space Heater.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	146768  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:53 AM   #11

X2 Delongi. You can get them in smaller sizes than whole room and put several around your coach. We have one in the BR, one up front and one in the water bay in really cold weather.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:06 AM   #12

Got a Pelonis @ Walmart for $9.99. So far so good.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Three heat range/watts, fan and tip over switch for the smaller RVs or two for a larger RV. If you have a forty foot, four slides with the room the fluid filled are ok, but are very slow to work when wanting a quick warm up. But are great for longer term quiet heat at a constant temp.

LEN
Old 12-15-2016, 09:15 AM   #14

I've attached a link to the model/style heater we got... We like the oscillating, thermostat and auto-off timer features... very nice and does a good job keeping the entire RV toasty warm.

Good luck !!

Digital Ceramic Tower Heater w/Remote | Lasko Products, Inc.

EDIT: Oh yeah, we like the remote control feature too !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, heat, heater